facebook cartoon (serious post)

Options
Not sure where to post this but I thought the 'support' category seemed the best fit.

I just seen a post on facebook that really upset me. I know nearly all of us on here have struggling with eating and/or exercise, but some people also struggle to gain weight due to eating disorders (past or present). There was a cartoon of a skeleton with a caption that said "Girls be like, I finally hit my goal weight". The girl who reposted this said "hahaha true"... Well let's just say I wrote a very detailed comment about how it was NOT true, and that it seemed to be (incorrectly) making fun of those who have mental health issues concerning their body image. Unfortunately some people with eating disorders may never actually see the day when they are comfortable with their weight, and THAT is not something to make fun of!! I told her that it could be triggering and offensive and I hope she removes it! Please if you see this cartoon on your facebook, please speak out and report it as offensive! Let's not ignore this.

I do not have an eating disorder but I have had friends who did/still do. I know it is a cartoon so some people may say I am being too serious about the matter, but I really don't think this should be ignored.