Appareant weight drops after drinking

Options
I have experienced my nights of large quantities of beer, and every next morning when i'm ready to feel ashamed of myself, i'm always pleasently surprised. I always notice a drop and it's sometimes up to 1,5 kg!
Does anyone have an explanation?

Replies

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is very dehydrating so the weight loss will probably be water loss.
  • SuperstarDJ
    SuperstarDJ Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid it's just dehydration :(
  • I experience exactly the same thing after a night out - It's always dehydration for me. As soon as I'm rehydrated the next day, my weight tends to go back up to where it was originally.
  • jasonpclement
    jasonpclement Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Yes, def from water loss.

Drinking can make you wake up w/ more definition, and very dry.

This is usually then followed by a large amount of bloating by the end of the day to compensate.
  • Slinky_BraveHeartBunsOfSteel
    Options

This is usually then followed by a large amount of bloating by the end of the day to compensate.
    I've been down by 3lbs the day after a drink, then up by 5 the day after that. Not good :(
  • JessiBelleW
    JessiBelleW Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    my measurements shrink after a night of drinking. Alas its a lie and when I'v drunk all my water back I'm not actually smaller
  • nas061
    nas061 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Sadly alcohol is the one fluid that DOESN'T count as water in my experience as it a diuretic and so you lose water and appear to lose weight.
  • ultrachickenburger
    Options
    I sure do hope the damage isnt that bad... Apart from this I have a very stable diet of 1400-1700 kcals.I hope that works in my favour :p I'll post the results if anyones interested.
  • RunnerStephe
    RunnerStephe Posts: 2,195
    Options
    Best thing is to not drink at all, or in moderation. You are consuming a lot of calories. I'm guilty here too and should know better. I love good beers.
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Dehyyyydration.

I don't lose after a night of drinking, I usually bloat and put on 2 or so pounds (that are back off in another day after eating well and properoly hydrating).
  • ultrachickenburger
    Options
    I've been weighing myself for the past few days.... It's still gone. I wonder how that works...
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    You're a male eating WAY too few calories, more likely the reason why the weight is gone :flowerforyou:
  • ultrachickenburger
    Options
    I've let MFP set the cals and I'm feeling better than ever :O
  • LadyTalulah
    LadyTalulah Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Haha with all the comments I think you know what it is!
    But I have to say, even though none of it's actual fat loss, it's always incredibly satisfying. Like this morning, I woke up with a bit of a hangover and the memory of having stuffed myself silly with pizza and Easter chocolate the night before. Although I don't feel guilty, it was nice to look in the mirror and think "hey sexy ;)" Haha I almost don't want to rehydrate myself ;P
  • MystikPixie
    MystikPixie Posts: 342 Member
    Options

I've been down by 3lbs the day after a drink, then up by 5 the day after that. Not good :(
    Well there's the trick to weight loss, stay loaded all the time. WOOOOOOO!!!
  • ultrachickenburger
    Options

Well there's the trick to weight loss, stay loaded all the time. WOOOOOOO!!!

I like it! Let's do it!
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    if beer was the cure things would be so much easier
  • SallyFTW
    SallyFTW Posts: 36
    Options
    Water loss. I tried this lat friday and saw the same results. If only the beer was burning my fat off lol. Would make for a good dieting book though. I would probs buy it lol.
  • bobbyunangst
    Options
    This can also happen after drinking a lot of fluids that contain Caffeine, such as soda, tea or coffee. During my recent chemo treatment I was told that since the Chemo can make a person so sick and fluids are such a needed resource that I was not allowed soda, tea, coffee, beer, ect... All the other fluids I took in where in such high demand I couldn't waste them just to pee them out because I drank the cafefine.