Is my scale wrong or could I be really losing this much?

Options
A few days ago I stepped on my digital scale that I've had for years. I was about 73kg (160.9lbs), but 2 days ago I stepped on and it said I was 71.9 and today 71.7 (158lbs), is it even possible to lose 3lbs in only one day like that. I've lost more than 50lbs now and this never happened, I've always went dow like 0.5kg and 0.2kg or 0.3kg per day and was constant in this losing 'style' :D is this possible or coud my scale be wrong this time?

Thank you all for your answers :)

Replies

• tahneesummers88
    tahneesummers88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Your weight can fluctuate day to day. This is why they say not to weigh yourself everyday, and do it once a week or fortnight (if you can hold for that long).. me personally I can't. I have had to train myself to not look at the scales everyday, because when doing this I would find one day I moved 100 grams and I got discouraged, because the day before I moved down a whole kg! Are you eating enough cals? You say you have lost more than 50lbs now, so I would assume u know what you're doing already :-) But I'm just making sure you're not having a huge deficit and therefore losing muscle. My advice would be to wait a week before you weigh, and see what the results are then.
  • sarzo14
    sarzo14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Actually my goal is 1700kcal but bucause I'm working out every day I eat at least 2000kcal if not more. I have a very sendetary life I'm a student so I sit troughout my whole day, but I try to cycle to my school every day (that doesnt rain :D) and I play volleybal 3 times a week. I have my diary open if you want to have a look.
    MY STATS: 5'10" and 158lbs.
    I know weight can flactuate I don't worry if I gain, but I do weigh myself every day and know my body very well now to know how much is a normal fluctuation for my body and how much is not. 3lbs in one day is not a normal flactuation. And because I only want to lose 5 more lbs I have my calorie goal set up so I lose as slow as possible. So I'm a little worried about this quick weight loss.
  • mrsslls
    mrsslls Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day also and have had this kind of drop before but on a monthly basis mine tends to even itself out. I say don't look a gift horse in the mouth.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Things like this should be considered of a time period. Check for the next few days and see what happens. It's perfectly normal. I've usually found when I'm a few pounds lower than expected it's because I'm dehydrated.
  • sarzo14
    sarzo14 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Well I actually gain weight when I'm dehydrated because I don't poop :D