Blessed are the mean people...

...for they will help you break your plateau.

This post is just a thank you to all the "meanies" on MFP, and here's why...

My first 40 pounds came off rather easily. I was eating so much and moving so little that it didn't take much effort to change my calories in/calories out ratio.

Then the plateau happened. (GASP) I was dealing with some medical problems (endometritis) in February, so that may have had something to do with it, but I kept going up and down between 203 and 208. SO frustrating.

MEANWHILE, I've been lurking here in the forums. It's so addicting. At first, the snark bothered me. Sometimes it felt like people who were new (and ignorant) would be made fun of by regular posters. (I think I actually jumped into one thread to tell Trogalicious he was being rude - haha) Anyway, I lurked long enough to see the patterns. Every plateau thread boils down to the same thing: are you tracking your intake/burn correctly and honestly?

I was tempted to post here, "ZOMG you guys plateau help meeeee." But instead I just followed the advice of the people here who get screamed at for being bullies. I bought a food scale and started weighing everything. I stopped having an extra 200 calories of "secret" snacks at night after I closed my diary for the day. I got a fitbit to help me analyze how active I am during the day and how I sleep at night (not a necessary purchase, but I'm loving it).

It's only been a week, but I've broken through the plateau and learned so much about myself in the process.

So thank you to the people who don't put up with crap threads. Thank you to the ones who call out the dishonest. Thank you to the blunt people with no tact. Thank you to the debunkers of pseudoscience.

And THANK YOU to the people who realize a post is about more than the OP. There are people lurking on the forums who read this and use it to make decisions about their health. The lurkers need more than rainbows and unicorns. The lurkers need views from all possible perspectives.

Love you MFP!!

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    30709bc3c9b060baf771c0b2e2626f95-snow-white-high-five.gif
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Here's to you - all you snarky, feeling hurting, logical meanies. Without you, I would not have lost over 100 pounds.

89281-cheers-gif-Newsroom-Charlie-Sk-FL4B.gif
  • ….you are SO right! I could not have put it better! Cheers to the meanies! :drinker:

The MOST STUPID thing is that butthurt people press "Ignore User" and continue to leave in mediocrity!
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    Here's to you - all you snarky, feeling hurting, logical meanies. Without you, I would not have lost over 100 pounds.

I love the above gif...

post-18170-Leonardo-Dicaprio-raising-glas-Glmc.gif
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    internetdance_zps919f00fe.gif

OP, I am going to keep your post FOREVER ...... maybe have it tattooed on me ...... thanks :drinker:

And congrats on the weight loss ....... keep on truckin' !
  • terem00
    terem00 Posts: 176 Member
    This is so true and I feel the exact same way :drinker:
  • softncudly
    softncudly Posts: 722 Member
    "rdj_thanks.gif"
  • gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member

I love the above gif...

102326-McFly-milkshake-gif-back-to-th-CUas.gif
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,211 Member
    I agree. Some of the posts may come across a little harsh to a newbie. But after lurking, like you, I learned these so called "meanies" are spot on with their advice. I love the advice the "meanies" give. It is from this advice that I have learned so much.

So thank you to all the meanies for spreading your wisdom! :drinker:

And all those snarky gifs, well they just make me laugh! :laugh: :love:
  • _HeartsOnFire_

I love the above gif...

102326-McFly-milkshake-gif-back-to-th-CUas.gif

tumblr_m2gaac025s1qgcra2o1_500.gif
    tumblr_inline_mp1zx2QlsT1qz4rgp.gif
  • IndiaGuerita1983
    IndiaGuerita1983 Posts: 98 Member
    Totes magotes. Love this post.

-India
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!