How do you stop a certain muscle from growing

Options
Lets say my bicep is naturally the strongest muscle in my body and it grows the fastest ..if i built it to a decent size how to maintain that size while gaining muscles in my other body parts? .. some people told me u stop working that muscle separately ( so it can be only used as a secondary muscle in other lifts ) others told me u work it out every 2 weeks or so to maintain the size .. i really dunno which is the right plan do u have any info on this subject ? thanks

Replies

• csman49
    csman49 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Are you doing bicep curls??
    Don't bother!

If you MUST, then make it the last exercise that you do
  • HungryasFuark
    HungryasFuark Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    Yeah all sides and sorry i was just given a ex with my biceps lol the muscle i'm talking about is my chest
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I have the same situation with chest. In the past, that was the only area I'd ever make gains on, when I was eating a lot less. Doing stronglifts recently, it's been great though...you only bench once every 4 days at the most...and even then, it's not hypertrophy. So my pecs are flat now. Problem is, I'm having trouble increasing my bench now b/c it's done so infrequently.

So yeah...just train chest less often less volume but a heavier load.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    don't use it or use it a lot less.
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    If you're talking about your lower chest getting too big, stop flat benching and just incline bench at 15 or 30 degrees.

I had that problem. I did not incline bench for 11 months because I was doing strong lifts. I was in the beginning stages of muscular man boobs. So I quit flat benching for months and did some type of upper chest workout everyday. The problem quickly leveled out.