Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

PCOS!!

Hello world of MFP, I've been hiding away for 3 months now! I have a question. FIRST THOUGH! A little background...

Hello everyone, I am a 22 year old university student who, 2 years ago, was diagnosed with PCOS. I had had it a while but the proper symptoms did not kick in until I had fully recovered from anorexia about seven years ago.
I am overweight. There's no way around that, I having tried to battle with my overweightness for many years now, I have a true appreciation for the slog that losing weight with PCOS is.

I have attempted MFP on many occasions in the past and subsequently failed. I had lots of friends on my old account who were losing multiple lbs a week while my body seemed determined to cling to every last lb of fat I had, which I am sure others with PCOS can relate to.

At Christmas 2013, I decided enough was enough 2014 was my year to change. I've been here 3 months now and have slowly managed to lose 9lbs. I have had the support of my mother who has been losing weight alongside me.
I am 100% committed and devoted, I wanted to be sure of it before I started adding people to my friends list. It's a painfully slow journey and I still have quite a way to go before I reach my first, second and third goal.

So I have a simple request?
-Dramatically extends arms out towards the MFP community-
PCOS or not, join me in this epic battle against the fat?

Replies

• I have PCOS as well and I have struggled significantly; I have been a member of MFP for a few years and I have not seemed to find a way to stay on my path to success! I am starting over again as well and I hope we both are successful on this journey to a healthy lifestyle. I know you can do it and I will be here to support you! Good luck!