Cortisone injections

Options
Hiya

I had my first cortisone injection about 4 weeks ago. I have gained 7lb in that time.

My diet is fairly good, having lost 90lb I know what I'm doing and I don't lie to myself about what I eat. I must admit this last week I've eaten a bit more but the weight gain was before this.

I do take other medication and have asthma which I take steroids for daily, but I've manage to lose fine up till now.

My question is: has anyone else had weight gain after just one injection? And can I turn it around?

I'm not far from target and don't want thus set back.

Thanks

Replies

• psicocat
    psicocat Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I don't really know anything about cortisone injections.

However, I do know that cortisol is a stress hormone, and that increases of cortisol can hinder in weight loss.

But, I don't know if cortisone injections can lead to increases in cortisol outside of the area the injection occurs.

Sorry, that is probably rather unhelpful.

However, if you have been feeling stressed, have a relaxing bath (or something else you find relaxing) and get some good quality sleep.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Hi are you still taking the steroid tablets at the same time as the steroid injection? Is this because your asthma got worse?

I have heard of people putting on weight but it's purely anecdotal. You would probably be better talking to your doctor and asking why you have to take two forms of the drug and if they can tell you anything about the side affects.

Probably not helpful but why not hit the weights and get some gainz while you can use them legally =D

Anyway, I'm sure someone else on here may be in the same boat and can get back to you with something helpful, if not, talk to your doctor, that's what they're there for.
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Was this a joint or PF injection, or an IV dose of steroids? No weight gain for the first, possible weight gain for the second.