Best time to exercise?

Options
Ive been hearing so many things from people and through my research,
is there a best tiem to work out? or like best results from doing so and so?

My frends tell me working out in the morning is the best, vs working out at night.
and to not do cardrio and weight training together? but i get both sides of the claims thru research on the internet
i want to hear from u guys and / or from experiecne .
i do want to start working out but is there like a difference in results at diff times of day and is it erally bad to actually do cardio before/after weight training anything like that?\

People say to eat protein after you workout, or consume* i mean . what is the best way to do this? I dont take protein shakes or anything, so should i be replacing them with actual meat protein? then working out at night woudlnt be the best becuase eating at night isnt a good thing either? im confused haha. i hear ilke all sides of the stories so im not sure what I should be believing.

What is recommended from u guys :D this will help me plan out my diet/workout schedule better too!

Replies

• 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Whenever you have the most energy. I work out anytime between 8pm and 1am. I actually really love midnight workouts. My sister, on the other hand, works out first thing in the morning.

To add, as long as you're in a deficit, it doesn't matter when you eat your calories. Consume protein after a workout if you're doing weight training for better results, but as long as you're getting enough protein, it really doesn't matter when you consume it. Only use shakes/protein supplements if you're not getting enough protein. It's just a source of food, nothing more or less.
  • pikaboooo
    pikaboooo Posts: 54
    Options
    Whenever you have the most energy. I work out anytime between 8pm and 1am. I actually really love midnight workouts. My sister, on the other hand, works out first thing in the morning.

To add, as long as you're in a deficit, it doesn't matter when you eat your calories. Consume protein after a workout if you're doing weight training for better results, but as long as you're getting enough protein, it really doesn't matter when you consume it. Only use shakes/protein supplements if you're not getting enough protein. It's just a source of food, nothing more or less.

Thanks!
    Yeah i love the night time i think working out at night is fine.
    But then peopel say to not eat at night so i was afraid if i finish a workout i cant really consume anything for best results.

So do people replace meat with protein shakes? is that wat its for? :O i never knew that!
    Do u do any cardio? Apparently your metabolism is highest int he morning so people suggested early morning workouts. but then some people say at night works too. seems like its true as well based on ur experience :D
  • 6ftamazon
    6ftamazon Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    It really does depend on the person. I do cardio and strength training together, but I only do about 20-30 minutes on the days I train, versus 45 min to an hour on the days I don't weight train, just so I have enough energy for both.

You really just have to play with it and figure out what works for you, when you have the highest energy. As for when you eat and work out, it really doesn't matter at all, as long as you stay within your range.
  • Miss_TeaPot
    Miss_TeaPot Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like to do it in the morning. For two reasons, it wakes me up and lifts my mood for the day.

Secondly, I have anxiety about the gym. There is barely anyone there at 5am.

I talked to a trainer before. They said morning or night. It doesn't matter. I guess you have to find what works for you.
  • redheadmommy
    redheadmommy Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    The best time is the time when you actually going to do it. Before I had kids, I used to workout at the morning on the way to work. I could have never imagined working out at the evening. Now I have 2 small kids , and they get up 5:30-6:00 am, and there is no freaking way that I get up 4 am to go to the gym exercise and get home prior they get up. Now, I exercise home or at the gym after r they tucked in bed around 8 pm. It iis. Or my highest energy time, it is. The gym is crowded, so it is. It the best time from that point of view either. However this is the time, I actually can manage it. I few times I tried to wait an hr and go to the gym at 9 pm when it is less crowded, but half of the time , I didn't make it.
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I'm in the group of when you a) have the most energy and b) the optimum time for you honestly - as a working Mom of 2 school-age kids and a hubby who works retail I find my workout times vary day-to-day and week-to-week depending on my hubby's work schedule. Some weeks I'll be able to get in 3-4 evening workouts w/2 morning ones, and another week it'll flip flop.

That being said though I primarily do cardio but have added strength training when I have time as it's not a priority for me right now...BUT I really am looking to switch it up so that strength training becomes primary w/cardio secondary - on the days I am able to get strength in I do both together.

Honestly it's what works for you.
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    I am also in the camp...what works best for you to stick to it and do it.