Any cyclists on here?

Options
mtlprs
mtlprs Posts: 40 Member
Hi I was wondering if there are any cyclists on here, I see plenty of posts for runners but none for riders.
If you guys are out there, tell me what you ride, how much you ride, goals and etc.....

Replies

• thickerella
    thickerella Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am, but people don't take me seriously because I don't have a road bike. I love my bike though. I want to put more miles on it.
  • tenatroy1
    tenatroy1 Posts: 48
    Options
    I ride a specialized vita which I've been slowly converting into a proper road bike with a leather seat and drop bars :) .
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    Options
    I have a mountain bike. I love riding single track trails, but I wasn't able to get out last year. I definitely want to get out this year (if spring ever gets here).

I would like to do the Hinton MS Bike Tour in September - it's 90 km over two days over a wide variety of terrain (paved highway, single track, quad trails, dirt roads). I've done it twice but missed the last two years. It's very challenging and a lot of fun.
  • eplanajr
    eplanajr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I was wondering if there are any cyclists on here, I see plenty of posts for runners but none for riders.
    If you guys are out there, tell me what you ride, how much you ride, goals and etc.....

Rider in Seattle. I've ridden several centuries, my goals for the year are to be a stronger rider, kn8ck off a few more thousand miles, prep for a half ironman or full ironman next year. (I did a half in 2009)

I ride 3 bikes:
    Road - Specialized Allez
    CX - Redline Conquest
    MTB - Specialized fsrXC

I am on Strava, which is awesome for cycling.
  • Fredhatfield2
    Fredhatfield2 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I ride about 90-100 miles a week on a Schwinn Varsity hybrid. Strictly road biking. I'm looking to do a century ride this spring/summer and may enter a duathon next year.
  • noni1989
    noni1989 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I train on a trek Lexa
    i race on a Trek Madone 3.1

i ride about 200km every weekend.

racing season is starting so will be racing mid week now too

i love cycling :)
  • jim180155
    jim180155 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I started riding again last year after a 20-some year break. I bought a new hybrid (Trek 7.6 FX) at the start of the year. In August I bought a new road bike (Trek Domane 2.0) and sold my hybrid which helped increase my speed, but by September I was getting a lot of lower back pain. I wasn't sure if it was due to the more aggressive position on the road bike and the 100+ weekly miles, or because of a weak core. I decided to put the bike away for the season and work on my core over the winter. My core is now stronger (6 minute planks) but my neck has been stiff. I think I hurt it with bad form on bicycle crunches. Overall, I felt I was in pretty good shape to start the cycling season, well ahead of where I was this time last year.

Wrong. Last Sunday was my first time out. It was a group ride, a slow tour of two 8 mile loops around a forest preserve. A couple miles into it my neck started bothering me. A couple miles later I was missing my old hybrid and it's more upright position. At the end of the first loop I gave up and drove straight to my LBS to see what options I might have. They put on a new stem extension which raised the handlebars a bit. It's an improvement, but I need more. They ordered a new extension that will give me even more relief, and hopefully that will solve the problem.

I love cycling. I just want it to love me back.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    Yes. Cyclists do exist and use MFP. ;-)

Mountain, road, gravel, bike path, commute, touring - I'm game for all of it. Just finished a 12 week structured base plan of cycling, weights, yoga, and stretching. That's the time I use to trim weight every year. Next week I start a 12 week build, peak, and race structured training plan. It's hard to perform well and trim weight during that, so my focus was to lose what I needed to lose before next week. I met my goal of dropping 12, but had/have thoughts of trimming up to 5 more if I can without hampering on the bike performance...