Stopping midnight eating...would like support please!

My midnight eating problem has escalated and I would really like to stop. Supporters anyone?

Replies

• Branstin
    Branstin Posts: 2,320 Member
    Are you eating enough during the day and drinking plenty of water?

The way I stopped the late night and midnight eating is when I ate more food during the day along with drinking plenty of water. I didn't go over my calories limit, I just ate most or all of them before 7pm.
  • corgarian
    corgarian Posts: 366 Member
    I have this problem. a few things I do is, go to bed earlier, drink water when I feel the munchies, ignore it and find something productive to do. A lot of us eat when we are bored or under stimulated.
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Cut calories in the day to have more for the late night grazing.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    My midnight eating problem has escalated and I would really like to stop. Supporters anyone?
    You only have 18 lb. to lose. Set your goal to .5 lb. per week, and be very patient.

Eat "good" (whatever that means to you) 80% of the time. Fit yummy, portion-controlled treats into your calorie goal. Deprivation can lead to bingeing.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    I have a huge midnight eating problem. I only want peanut butter. Even if it's just a tea spoon full. I told my husband to hide the peanut butter but I find it, and If I can't find it, I demand that he tell me where it is at once!!! It's like a drug. Damn You peanut butter, You tasty witch!!
  • capriqueen
    capriqueen Posts: 974 Member
    I'm eating copious amounts of food, even if I'm not depriving myself during the day. I have been eating around 1500-1700 calories for the past two weeks but I'm still eating at night. I'm worried because I'm staying at my cousin's place and I'm finding myself eating his food.:sad: :sad:
  • motivatedmartha
    motivatedmartha Posts: 1,108 Member
    1. Brush your teeth and go to bed - food tastes horrible after toothpaste

2. Drink plenty of water before bed (or in bed if you get the munchies)

3 If you cannot resist peanut butter don't buy it. Plenty of other sources of protein.
  • Veganvibesss
    Veganvibesss Posts: 123 Member
    don't eat 4 hours before you go to bed, think about it .. you burn calories when your asleep make it count! If you care about losing weight you will stop eating at night, drink some water instead. Tell yourself you are FULL. Sure midnight eating feels good during but after you do it you feel like **** right? well think about that next time you go to eat at night , know its not worth it .
  • holliebevineau
    1. Brush your teeth and go to bed - food tastes horrible after toothpaste

2. Drink plenty of water before bed (or in bed if you get the munchies)

3 If you cannot resist peanut butter don't buy it. Plenty of other sources of protein.

I tried not buying it but that didn't fly with my kids. I will try drinking water before bed, thanks!!
  • wilsoje74
    wilsoje74 Posts: 1,720 Member
    Go to bed and no getting up to eat
  • MBrothers22
    MBrothers22 Posts: 323 Member
    I used to have the same problem. Make dinner your biggest meal. That's what I've done and it helps a lot.
  • o0vibeke0o
    o0vibeke0o Posts: 11 Member
    Have you tried chewing gum? But I agree... if you can't go without eating save some calories for it. I always save 200 calories so I can have a snack after I have the kids in bed.
  • holliebevineau
    don't eat 4 hours before you go to bed, think about it .. you burn calories when your asleep make it count! If you care about losing weight you will stop eating at night, drink some water instead. Tell yourself you are FULL. Sure midnight eating feels good during but after you do it you feel like **** right? well think about that next time you go to eat at night , know its not worth it .

Yes. You are right and to add to this, I think midnight eating affects my sleep. I have trouble getting back to sleep.
  • Kelly845
    Kelly845 Posts: 37 Member
    I eat an apple or a pear, 120-150g. Makes me feel full and digests well and within an hour. It's only 78-100 kcal
  • bsmcdonald0513
    bsmcdonald0513 Posts: 15 Member
    Self-control, it's a difficult, but good, character trait to develop.
  • Meushichan
    Meushichan Posts: 82 Member
    To me, it depends on why you're eating, and why it is a problem. Are you actually hungry? Bored? Or is it just a habit? If it's boredom/ habit, then you have to come up with a different habit/ schedule. But also, there is nothing technically wrong with eating at night (if it's within your count for the day), so I guess it also depends on why it bothers you. If it's making you go over your cals, then just allot for that in the day.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    I'm eating copious amounts of food, even if I'm not depriving myself during the day. I have been eating around 1500-1700 calories for the past two weeks but I'm still eating at night. I'm worried because I'm staying at my cousin's place and I'm finding myself eating his food.:sad: :sad:
    According to your previous question http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1229240-help-i-ve-done-the-worst-thing you're in danger of being evicted for bingeing on your roommates' food.

Please, see a doctor ASAP. Your eating is negatively impacting your life. You have a serious problem.