Is my high fat intake ok?

Options
I have my macros set to 40/40/20, but I'm always well over my fat goal. I don't even think of my diet as high fat per se, but the proof is in my diary. I stay under the calorie goal pretty much everyday. The thing is, if I'm working this hard, I don't want to sabotage myself by not paying attention to macros. I'm willing to step it up a notch and fine tune my diet. Is it worth it? I'm about 20lbs from goal, but concerned more with BF% than weight.

Diary is open. What do you think? Ignore the extra fat and simply keep staying under calories or work a little harder on hitting the specific macros?

Thanks!

Replies

• Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    You only think that you are ingesting a lot of fat, because you are set so low. I eat 1200 calories a day and I eat a healthy 40 grams of fat a day and am frequently a bit over. Since I eat no junk and/or processed food, I don't worry about it. If you ingest healthy fats, you should neither.
    Good Luck !
  • BigBadVanna
    BigBadVanna Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I guess I'll switch to 40/30/30. Thanks!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I would say your fat is too low. Fat doesn't make you fat. It can make you feel fuller and it helps us ladies with hormone regulation.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I do 30-35% of my calories from fat and typically eat around 2,000 calories a day. I feel full, I don't have any trouble maintaining my weight loss, and I have excellent bloodwork (according to my doctor). It works for me! :-)
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    I do 40/30/30 on 1800 calories.

I like this ratio.
  • caveninit
    caveninit Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    You are eating very healthy fats...I wouldn't worry about it.
    (I have my macros set for 40/30/30)
  • AmplifiedHeart
    Options
    You call that high fat? too low imo.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    My fat is about 40% .
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    You're fine. Your fat isn't even very high. Mine is routinely higher.