Just finished my first Quest bar...

Options

Replies

• sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    and it was okay. I had double chocolate chunk, but to be honest, it didn't taste as good as people said it did, and it left me with an upset stomach. Is it just me that feels sort of queasy after eating one? Any other flavours that taste better?

I've only tried Chocolate Brownie so far, but I thought it was pretty good. As for the upset stomach, it could be the sweeteners they use.

http://www.questproteinbar.com/ingredients/

I think they use different combinations in different flavors. So, you may have different results, with another flavor.

Lo Han Guo
    Stevia
    Erythritol
    Sucralose
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm still half convinced that the people who say they are delicious are people who are used to eating 'lightened up' foods all the time and forgot what real, tasty food looks like.

They are ok (well, some are). I eat them for the protein and fiber (much less than I used to). They are better warmed up, but it's still not as satisfying as a real brownie or chocolate chip cookie or something (or than other more 'junky' protein bars).
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    The Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough is amazing! If you warm it up for around five second intervals in the microwave it's even more amazing. The Cookies & Cream & Brownie ones are ok too.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    They are foul foul things.As the others said, warm them up in the microwave for a few seconds. Makes them tolerable.

I'd suspect the "fiber" in it might not agree with you. Feels like you ate a rock sometimes.
  • soupandcookies
    soupandcookies Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    sugar alcohols + inulin + tons o' fiber = ouch
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    The double chocolate chunk is my least favorite I love the cookies and cream and the chocolate chip cookie dough.
  • sunman00
    sunman00 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    I get a sore tummy after eating protein bars too, & 'flavoured' Quest bars,

Peanut Butter Supreme is the best tasting, and the only one that seems to digest normally :)
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    Love the cookie dough heated for 5-10 secs in the microwave. No stomach issues here, and ingredient-wise, the best "bar" out there.
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Sometimes my paranoia takes over and I think people that say they like them are paid by somebody...
    I've yet to meet a person in real life that liked them, most have spit them out.
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I loved the taste of the cookie dough one but I was one of those people that had digestive issues afterwards.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I bought a few for the first time on Friday night, and this makes me a little nervous to try them. I may try just half of one to make sure it agrees with me. I got the chocolate brownie, chocolate peanut butter, cinnamon roll, and cookies and cream kinds.
  • animalldy
    animalldy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    So no one else got an upset stomach afterwards?

I get HORRIBLE and uncomfortable bloating and gas after eating a full bar. I switched to 1/2 bars to get through what I had bought but I wont buy them anymore. My body prefers Detour Smart Bars (130cal, 10g protein) or PowerBar Protein Plus (210cal, 20g protein).
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Coconut cashew is my favorite
  • UandI1985
    UandI1985 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Just curious...Is this site sponsored by Quest bars??? :bigsmile:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    and it was okay. I had double chocolate chunk, but to be honest, it didn't taste as good as people said it did, and it left me with an upset stomach. Is it just me that feels sort of queasy after eating one? Any other flavours that taste better?

I had the same experience with this particular flavor. It was disgusting! I am going to try the other suggested flavors. I hear they are quite tasty.
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    stick it in the freezer for 10 minutes.....
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Just curious...Is this site sponsored by Quest bars??? :bigsmile:

LOL I know right? Even I want to try one now, but buying 24 bars or even 6 just won't work for me. If they're as good as some say, they'll be gone inside of an hour :ohwell:
  • Lillouns
    Lillouns Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I saw everyone raving about them, and had to try some, so I bought the cookie dough and the cookies and cream. Really wasn't impressed. :/ Sorry quest bar lovers.
  • BriTyler3
    BriTyler3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I just finished my box of quest bars last week, Apple pie flavor. At first it wasn't that good when I tried it, but after it became the snack I looked forward to eating the most and became slightly addicted lol. I want to buy more but a new flavor that doesn't containers much chocolate since I am not much of a chocolate lover .
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I don't really care for most of the flavors that others recommend like cookie dough, brownie, cinnamon roll & apple pie. IMO those are too sweet or just plain gross.

I like the Berry Bliss the best by far. runners up are the Banana nut peanut butter & jelly. Chocolate peanut butter is ok too. but i can only consistently eat the berry bliss. With the others i can only have a few before i get sick of the flavor.

none of the quest bars upset my system, if they did i would stop eating them. it is just a matter of them being palatable or not.

(edited to fix numerous typos)