help needed adding recipe

Options
goldenrodfarm
goldenrodfarm Posts: 34 Member
I was trying to download a recipe and everything went fine until I tried to add 1 cup of mashed bananas, apparently there is no such thing in the data base of recipes, I can find it find in the database when I want to add food to my food section, but it is just not there in the recipe section, I have entered it as banana, bananas, ripe bananas, mashed bananas, mashed ripe bananas, even generic mashed ripe bananas. In the daily food database it is under generic mashed ripe bananas, and if I try to add a new food in the database it still doesn't show up in the recipe section. Does anyone know what the problem is?

Replies

• JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    How many bananas did you mash?
    Just add that number of bananas.
  • mag104
    mag104 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Think there is a problem with the site as Some peeps are having similar problems. Hope they sort it out soon x :)
  • brainfreeze72
    brainfreeze72 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    How many bananas did you mash?
    Just add that number of bananas.

Yes, this.:happy:
  • goldenrodfarm
    Options
    I could do the how many bananas but they are mostly in terms of large, medium and not very accurate. I know the correct item is in the data base but there is no way to access it in the recipe section. Gave up and then found someone else had put the recipe in already, but I don't think the stats are correct.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    weigh the bananas (probably easier prior to mashing, but you can do it either way). Enter that number of grams in the recipe. There is at least one entry in the database for bananas in grams (the one I use is in French but it's accurate so whatever. It's Banane Sans Peau )
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    There are approximately 200 calories in a cup of mashed bananas. It is in the MFP database. If you ever have trouble finding the calorie count just google it. You can always add it to MFP yourself.
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Found this under banana mashed in database

Nutrition Facts
    Edit
    Banana (Kb) - Mashed
    Servings:
    Calories 200 Sodium 2 mg
    Total Fat 1 g Potassium 806 mg
    Saturated 0 g Total Carbs 51 g
    Polyunsaturated 0 g Dietary Fiber 6 g
    Monounsaturated 0 g Sugars 28 g
    Trans 0 g Protein 3 g
    Cholesterol 0 mg
    Vitamin A 3% Calcium 1%
    Vitamin C 33% Iron 3%
  • goldenrodfarm
    Options
    That is the problem, it is in the database when you look for food to add to your menus, but when you enter a recipe I can't get it to display more then 4 options and no matter what I type in none of them are the mashed bananas, I even copied and pasted that exact entry in the box but it doesn't come up. The ones that do come up are for medium bananas, banana muffins and a couple of other entries that have nothing to do with mashed bananas.