Replies

• jakel26
    jakel26 Posts: 16
    Options
    Of course it is! You will be FINE!
  • suremeansyes
    suremeansyes Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    I eat over twice as many calories on Saturday, and probably 1.5 my daily calories on Sunday.

I don't lose weight as quickly, but that's not a problem.
  • dpr73
    dpr73 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    So what about today, the day after? Should I restrict to make up for it or just go back to normal eating? So far, as of 5pm, I have eaten half a plain bagel with a few slices of lox, tomato, and onion for breakfast. I had no lunch (I was traveling) and just ate a granola bar (90 cal) and some cottage cheese (80 cal).
    Sorry, just trying to get the hang of maintaining and not dieting!
  • bumblebeez86
    bumblebeez86 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I hope so otherwise I am screwed!
  • Cheeky_and_Geeky
    Cheeky_and_Geeky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Yes! I purposefully eat over maintenance a few times a month to make up any deficits I usually have during the week. No weight gain yet :)
  • ChrisM8971
    ChrisM8971 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I know we all have different reasons for wanting to achieve our new weights/levels of fitness but I always think that if we can't still enjoy ourselves on special occasions then it takes away from the whole process

Have a few snacks and a couple of drinks, maybe try to keep things a little sensible but go out and enjoy yourself
  • dpr73
    dpr73 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I know we all have different reasons for wanting to achieve our new weights/levels of fitness but I always think that if we can't still enjoy ourselves on special occasions then it takes away from the whole process

Have a few snacks and a couple of drinks, maybe try to keep things a little sensible but go out and enjoy yourself

So I ended up undereating today. I had a half bagel with lox tomato and onion, cottage cheese (1/2 cup) and granola bar for a snack, and a 3oz piece of steak, snap peas, and 1/2 cup of rice for dinner. This is mostly due to me being on the road and in the car ALL DAY. I did not consciously choose to undereat. In the future, though, should I undereat slightly to make up for a day of overeating or just get right back to my original diet?
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

So I ended up undereating today. I had a half bagel with lox tomato and onion, cottage cheese (1/2 cup) and granola bar for a snack, and a 3oz piece of steak, snap peas, and 1/2 cup of rice for dinner. This is mostly due to me being on the road and in the car ALL DAY. I did not consciously choose to undereat. In the future, though, should I undereat slightly to make up for a day of overeating or just get right back to my original diet?

For me it depends. If I'm not hungry the next day I won't eat as much. If I am, I always do. Also it depends on how much over I went. If it was a lot (more than 500 calories) I'll often try to balance it out somewhere. But if it's less than that I let it go.

This is your maintenance so just make it work for you however you like.
  • drew06
    drew06 Posts: 28
    Options
    I regularly overeat once a week and I am okay, that being said I am in a deficit the rest of the week.
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    Why do you feel you need permission? Do what YOU want to do. With our blessing, if it makes you feel safer.