confused about "net calories"

Options
2»

Replies

• MaryJane_8810002
    MaryJane_8810002 Posts: 2,082 Member
    Options
    ALWAYS net at LEAST 1200 calories a day.
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    food - workout = net

Did you even read the whole question?

But that's the answer for net calories..:noway:
  • harmony223
    harmony223 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump :smile:
  • aarondnguyen
    aarondnguyen Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    MyFitnessPal took into consideration your general activity level when you first made your account. That's why there were options ranging from "sedentary" to "mailman" or "desk job" etc.

You can eat your exercise calories back if you want. Just be consistent and bear in mind there are countless individual differences as well in terms of calories burned through exercise. No two people will burn the same amount of calories while doing the same activity for the same duration.

I personally don't eat back my exercise calories. But then again, I don't do cardio--because it's unnecessary. All you need is a moderate caloric deficit to lose weight (along with a weight training regimen).
    food - workout = net
    lol, might just be me but this sounded condescending. Please be more considerate next time when you reply to posts such as these--instead of "dumbing it down" in such a manner.
  • dawnhp1971
    Options
    I struggle with this. My goal is 1600 caloires per day. Im working out 6 days a week and log like a mad dog and my weight is barely moving...... (annoying!!!!) my average burn is 350 cal. So I should be eating 1950 calories??
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I think i finally get it too.... thank you for this thread...

I have to eat more........

I am in the same boat. But damn, I dont want to sit around and eat all day. I do however want to burn calories!! I typically only eat back a portion just to have a buffer for the over inflation of estimated cals burned. I still net around 1000-1100 a day though. A year ago I couldnt stop shoving food down my gullet, now I dont want to!!! Isnt it ironic!!!