So hungry lately

Options
For the past couple days I have been pretty hungry. My calories are set at 1520 and I have been working out 6 day a week. Can you guess look at my info and see if maybe I need to change something.

Replies

• MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Also here is my recalculated BMR and TDEE from a few different sites

BMR CALCULATOR ON HERE SAYS 1460

BMRCALCULATOR.ORG SAYS 1455

SCOOBY (ON A LOW ACTIVITY SETTING 1-3 HOURS PER WEEK OF LIGHT EXERCISE) SAYS MY BMR IS 1515

TDEE-20% FOR A BUNCH OF SITES ON A PRETTY LOW ACTIVITY SETTLE ALL COME OUT ABOUT BETWEEN 1660 AND 1700
  • spirit095
    spirit095 Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Working out 6 days a week isn't a low activity setting, though. TDEE accounts for activity level, so you should be eating more imo.
  • amybg1
    amybg1 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    You're likely not eating enough, eating JUST above BMR. What sort of activities do you do? For how long? And how much weight do you have left to lose?
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    You workout six days a week so I would change the level to 3-5 hrs on Scooby's calculator and go from there.

Working out that much will make you hungry and your body needs more food.

So In my opinion eat more.

Edit: In my mind I was thinking 1-3 days a week not 1-3 hours... my bad.
  • _Nicklebee
    Options
    From looking at your dairy it looks like you have a lot of your calories going into snacks. I would try to up the calories in your main courses, adding more protein to each dish. I personally try to balance my meals.

Working out 6 days a week is a lot -but you say it's a low level- so my only thought is to add more protein.
  • Kiyalynn
    Kiyalynn Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm noticing a couple of things with your diary.
    1: You eat very, small meals though the day, and then a ton of calories in snacks.
    2: Your portions are very very small. You are doing great with the nutrient dense healthy foods... but those foods also have a lot of calories.
    3: Some days your water intake is low.

So My suggestions would be, try re-distributing your calories, instead of 600 calories in snacks ~ 300 per meal. Try 400 per meal and 300 for snacks. With that, try adding some low calorie foods, instead of : 2Tbsp Peanut butter or .5oz of nuts, those are very healthy but nuts have a lot of calories for not very much food. You may feel fuller if you use those calories for vegetables instead. Sometimes the body mistakes thirst for hunger, so make sure you get alteast 8 8oz glasses of water in a day. (the more the better)

Some other things to try: You rarely eat back your exercise calories, MFP already puts in a 500 calorie deficit for you without the exercise. No I wouldn't eat them all back, but it would be OK to take some of that 300 calories you earned to eat a extra can of vegetables. In fact one of the things I have done when I am really hungry is to, go for a walk, drink a big glass of water, then go ahead and eat a snack. Most of the time when I'm done with the walk and water I'm not as hungry as I was before, plus I have some extra calories for the day that I otherwise wouldn't of had, and end up eating something healthy and feeling full.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    i noticed your protein bar has less protein then it does fat and carbs.. a protein bar with higher protein will make you feel fuller...

By working out, do you mean lifting?? if so, then focus more on the protein intake and you'll give your muscles what they need and you'll feel fuller.

You probably are not eating enough for your workouts. i eat upwards of 2,000 per day and lose weight. I workout everyday, a mix of weights and cardio. Drink a lot of water.. and I mean a lot. The more you workout the more you'll need.

Your snacks section reads almost like a smoothie with a cheese stick on the side. Nothing wrong with that, but maybe add greek yogurt for the higher protein or cottage cheese or make it into pudding, so you are actually eating something, instead.

6 days a week of working out, unless you are only walking.. is not low level. A zumba class burns an average of 600 calories provided you are actually participating and not just going through the motions. If you walk on top of that or lift or do anything else add a few hundred more and you're at nearly 1,000 calories over your BMR.

Those calculators are not 100% accurate. They give you a great starting point, but everyone is different. I do great around 1800-2000 now. but i know people who can't touch that number without gaining and people who never eat less then 2,000 and they lose weight. if this calorie level is leaving you hungry, bump it up a bit.

I have an open diary, so if you'd like ideas you can look. I did have protein cake for lunch today though. :) because.. well. I wanted cake, and i'm an adult, so I had it. :~D
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Thanks alot everyone! Very helpful! And to answer some of you I do 30-50 minutes of cardio (elliptical, stairmaster, arc trainer) and then some light weight training during the week. Saturday I'm more on the weights and only about 25 minutes of cardio.

Any better protien bar suggestions would be much appreciated.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Thanks alot everyone! Very helpful! And to answer some of you I do 30-50 minutes of cardio (elliptical, stairmaster, arc trainer) and then some light weight training during the week. Saturday I'm more on the weights and only about 25 minutes of cardio.

Any better protien bar suggestions would be much appreciated.

Then I would definitely put 3-5 hours a week for activity level.

You work out more than me and I do have a sedentary job, mostly, and I put 3-5 hours a week for activity level and it's been working.

Weight or strength training at times makes me famished!
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    quest are the best :)
    But I also like pure protein.