Looking for support

Options
Hi all, I need some support and looking for friends in losing weight. I'm 5'3 tall and my weight is 112 lbs. I'm going to lose 24 lbs till I'm 88 lbs. A year ago I was 141 lbs... It's hard to get rid of the last lbs, so I just need a little support and probably some good advice how to reach my goal.

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

Congratulations for losing the body weight.

I have made a quick calculation and at 5 ft 3 inches and 112 pounds, your BMI today is 19.8. That sounds like a healthy BMI to me.

Why do you need to lose more body weight ?

If you are looking to improve your body looks, try weight lifting.
    This link may be of help
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/912920-in-place-of-a-road-map-3-2013

Good luck in your healthy journey
  • fitnessbabe90
    Options
    88 lbs is not healthy for your height.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I wish I could weigh 112 lbs.
  • Toshad84
    Toshad84 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think that 112 is a great weight for your height!! 88 would be way to low! congrats on your weight loss though! :)
  • k_daria_
    k_daria_ Posts: 3
    Options
    Well, probably weight lifting will do, but I really need to lose some lbs. I have very tiny build - e.g. my wrist is only 5.3 inches, so I still look a little bit overweight x_x

I'll try though, ty

It's so hard in the end, when you almost see your goal..
  • k_daria_
    k_daria_ Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks) though I still need some lbs to get rid off(
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    You'll be seriously underweight if you're aiming to be 88 lbs at 5'3". This site doesn't support eating disorders. You're already at a healthy weight. Look at doing weights and body recomposition.
  • ratchet2
    ratchet2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and my wrist is 6 inches. I would look very sickly at anywhere under 130 - 140. Actually, never saw 130 even in high school. Always closer to 140. 88 lbs would not look good and would not be healthy. Weight training will slim down the trouble areas and and make you look a lot slimmer than you really are. I have been doing some at home with 8 and 10 lb dumbbells for 2.5 months and I can see some defination in my stomach, arms, and legs. Granted it is slight at this point, but I currently weigh 170 and look smaller than my daughter who is an inch taller and 20 lbs lighter.

Please try some weights and toning first. Do not put your health in jeopardy.