Options
Chezzie84
Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
Serves 8

2 whole garlic bulbs
4tsp olive oil plus extra to serve
1shallot, peeled and finely chopped
Pinch caster sugar
2tbsp red pesto (or Sun-dried tomato paste)
400g cherry tomato
Stone baked ciabatta
6 large basil leaves shredded plus extra to serve

1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Cut the tip of the bulb away to just reveal the cloves. Place on a piece of foil, drizzle with 1tbsp oil, season, wrap up and bake for 30-35 minutes until tender.

2. Heat 1tbsp oil and saute the shallot for 3-4 minutes until soft. Stir in the tomatoes, pesto or paste and simmer for 5-6 minutes until reduced. Season to taste, stir in the fresh tomatoes and remove from the heat.

3. Heat a griddle pan until smoking hot. Brush the bread lightly with the remaining oil on both sides and griddle in batches for about 1 minute. (I don't have a griddle pan, so I just toast mine in the oven).

4. Stir the basil into the tomato sauce and spoon it into a bowl. Arrange the toast on a platter with the tomato sauce, roasted garlic, b basil leaves, oil, alt and pepper.

## To assemble##
Pop a garlic clove from its skin and mash on your toast. Season and drizzle with olive oil. Spoon on the tomato mixture and sprinkle with fresh basil.

The recipe states per serving:
213 cal
9g fat
1.1g saturates
4.3g sugar
0.8g Salt

I have made this today so my sister and her family for lunch.
I will add an edit later to let you know how it tastes.

Replies

• Chezzie84
    Chezzie84 Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    It tasted really great and only 50 something calories for the mixture plus whatever bread you choose to have it on.