Dealing with food gifts

Options
2»

Replies

• frangrann
    frangrann Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I bring it to work. They will eat anything even if it isn't very tasty. Human vacumns.

It's the same where I work!
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I bring it to work. They will eat anything even if it isn't very tasty. Human vacuums.

Well, not everything! One of our clients based in Philadelphia sent our department an assortment of food items made in Philadelphia. I use the term "food" loosely; it included a box of Tastykakes. One woman took one bite and threw the rest away- she said it was nasty. The rest sat there untouched (wrapped in cellophane) till this month, when I noticed mold on them (yeah, even with all the preservatives). I threw them out.

If the gifts can be frozen without ruining the taste or texture and it's easier to forget that you have them, that's another option.

We sell tastykakes in my family's Cheese Steak chop in CA and agree they are really gross, but be prepared to have Philly natives go on the attack when they hear you dissing them lol
  • threefancy
    threefancy Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I put them in the freezer. The mindless munching is harder to do when I need to wait for it to defrost first.
  • jjscholar
    jjscholar Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    If the gifts are not healthy food, do what I do throw them away. Just don't tell who had given you the gifts that.