Running + 30 Day Shred?

would it be beneficial to do the 30 Day Shred accompanied with daily running?
I run for about 40 - 45 minutes per day (I love to run and would do it much, much longer if my schedule allowed!) but I know the purpose of the 30 Day Shred is to give you an intense 20 minute workout so you wouldn't necessarily *HAVE* to run or bike or what have you.
I've done the 30 Day Shred before while running, but I was also at one of the lowest points of my eating disorder, so I'm discounting any "results" I saw since I was also heavily restricting/fasting or purging. (I am in recovery currently and am doing quite well but now I want to get back to a healthier size/weight)

Replies

• I always think that cross-training is a good idea. I tend to have more twinges in my hips and knees when I am only running. When I add in circuit training, cycling and swimming, then I am less likely to deal with injuries. I probably wouldn't follow the 30DS program exactly every day, but there is no reason you can't supplement you running with the 30DS every other day or so. You know what your body can handle. I would definitely make sure that you have a rest day every week, if you plan to maintain that schedule. Good luck!