daily allowance

Options
hey, on your daily allowance calories, protein, sugar and fat ect do people just concentrate just on the calories? im trying to cut on carbs and sugar as I have a really bad sweet tooth!! I keep going over on protein though and sometimes fat. Most of my diary is fresh meat though vegetables and eggs
xx

Replies

• kagevf
    kagevf Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    i concentrate on not to go over fats and carbs. i fit my chocolates and ice cream too
  • tamarad1990
    Options
    so do you think it will matter about fats if I only use extra lean and fish like salmon and haddock? I'm clueless!
  • Hondo_Man
    Hondo_Man Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    What is your goal? If you opened your food diary it would help to see what you've been eating to know how to help. What is your BMR and TDEE?
  • kagevf
    Options
    i wouldnt worry bout fats from fish and meats. its the processed you need to watch out for.
  • Efflictim
    Efflictim Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    so do you think it will matter about fats if I only use extra lean and fish like salmon and haddock? I'm clueless!

If its healthy fats then it doesnt matter if you go over.
  • tamarad1990
    Options
    Okay so I'm all new to his so Ill look in setting for that. I have only done 3 days food diary so far but I want to start of good and carry on that way. My BMR is 1,542 and TDEE is 2373
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    You lose weight by eating at a deficit. So concentrate on making your calorie goal.

I use MFP's protein & fiber goals as minimums & ignore fat & carbs. But if you ask 100 MFPers you'll get 100 different answers. It will take trial & error to find what works for you.

Read this: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • tamarad1990
    Options
    9/10 I don't eat processed food so that's good, thank you for your answers!!
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    I just concentrate on calories mostly but do watch my sodium, fats and protein - I like to be a bit over on protein, fats I just watch and if I am over look for the culprit but don't stress too much - I allow myself to have real butter when I have toast (like this morning) so my fats are going to be over today - I am rarely over on carbs and watch fibre instead of sugar so not really sure.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Concentrate on your calories first. Dont worry about going over on protein - the MFP default is quite low. And latest findings are that fat is not the "bad" thing to eat that its been amde out to be in the past.
  • kagevf
    Options
    love your rott !
  • Hondo_Man
    Hondo_Man Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    You lose weight by eating at a deficit.

She's new and might not have a full grasp of what that means.

tamara, in order to lose weight, you need to eat a caloric deficit under your TDEE about 10 - 20%. NOT your BMR.

To get an understanding of how to eat around your TDEE and how the BMR is used, please read this:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Hondo_Man/view/understanding-bmr-and-tdee-641809

I wish you luck and stay positive and motivated.