Need some encouragement

Options
Hi I'm Lauren 50+. I would like to loose at least 40 lbs. I have been dieting most of my life up and down.. I want to change my diet to eating whole foods. My husband may also be gluten intolerant. So this is a whole new way of eating and cooking for me. Getting rid of processed food will be challenging I don't know where to start. I would appreciate any tips.

Replies

• gypsy_spirit
    gypsy_spirit Posts: 2,107 Member
    Options
    Start here. Yo yo dieting is what women our age were raised on. It comes from restricting our calories too low and then rebounding when you begin to eat "normally" again. Read this link - it will help you get away from the yo yo.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • MegBMin
    MegBMin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I strive for whole foods as well. Maybe we can learn from one another!
  • MegBMin
    MegBMin Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I strive for whole foods as well. Maybe we can learn from one another!
  • Nascarchic48
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I started about 3 weeks ago and I am like you, need to loose at least 40lbs and it is harder as we get older. I love this site for the encouragement from the great friends I have met on here! Also it has really helped me to pay better attention to my food intake when you are putting your food intake in your diary daily! Feel free to add me, it really does help to have friends in the same situation as you are in:drinker: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • ashleyrene4404
    ashleyrene4404 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - I live a gluten free/low carb/ grain free lifestyle :)