size in relation to weight and height

Options
mdtoll
mdtoll Posts: 39 Member
I was wondering how i fall when is comes to weight/height/size in relation to other people. I am a 5'7' woman I weigh 226.8 lbs and wear mostly 16's though in some brands i still need a 18 when i started 3 weeks ago i was 337 and wore mostly 18's with some vanity sized 16's (old navy).

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    Hi!!
    Personally,I think old navy sizing is not accurate for me. Maybe its my buddy type, I don't know, but I've tried two of the same jeans, in the same size, but the color was different, and they fit totally different.
    So I just wanted to let you know how I feel about old navy! Lol!! Anyway, I'm about your height, I'm just under 5"8. I used to wear a size 14 , now I'm about 4/6 depending on the brand. I started at 202, and weigh 135 now.
  • GMStb10
    GMStb10 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Dress size is very personal to the shop and the country it is made for I'm a english 18 in most shops however my favourite dress is Australian and a size 12 which I fit. My goal is to be a english size 10 which is about 133lb, watch this space ;)
  • ratchet2
    ratchet2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I was wondering how i fall when is comes to weight/height/size in relation to other people. I am a 5'7' woman I weigh 226.8 lbs and wear mostly 16's though in some brands i still need a 18 when i started 3 weeks ago i was 337 and wore mostly 18's with some vanity sized 16's (old navy).

Am I reading this right? You lost over 100 pounds in 3 weeks?
  • redzgal
    redzgal Posts: 255 Member
    Options

Am I reading this right? You lost over 100 pounds in 3 weeks?

I was wondering the same thing?!
  • mdtoll
    mdtoll Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    hahaha oops i meant 237
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    It depends on your shape, I guess.

I have huge thighs and backside, relatively flat stomach, narrow back and large boobs. I'm a UK 12-14 on top and 16 on the bottom, sometimes even an 18 in trousers. I'm 5ft 4in and weigh 158 lb (72kg).

And all the shops are different. Like for some reason, I can't wear my usual sizes from Next, seriously, their model is the the shape of a rectangle and has no breasts compared to me.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7" and weighed 197 a year ago. I wore 16-18 then. I am at 153-157 and bought 8 & 10 today because my 12s were falling off. I have maintained in that range since January and am quite happy with my size now. Good luck on your journey and congrats on your loss so far.

P.s.I also don't trust Old Navy sizing.
  • ratchet2
    ratchet2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I do not believe that there is a standard for clothing sizes. It used to be about 20 pounds between sizes, but now it seems that you just have to try on the clothes. Even the size numbers do not make sense. Size 0 is what? 0 means nothing, if you are smaller than a 0, does that mean you do not exist?
  • oxers
    oxers Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Yeah, size is super wonky. I'm about your height, around 5'7, and I currently weigh 210 or so? Dunno, haven't weighed myself in a while. I wear a 16 and the odd 18, but my few 18s are starting to get pretty big on me.

I'm more concerned with shape and fitness than weight, truthfully, as I know those numbers lie. My big goal is to squish on down into a 12 or so, but we'll see what my body wants to do. I know this size is too big, but I also know I'll never be a 4 or whatever, and that's fine. I'm just trying to figure out what the sweet spot of super healthy is for me :]
  • bumblebeez86
    bumblebeez86 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Even the size numbers do not make sense. Size 0 is what? 0 means nothing, if you are smaller than a 0, does that mean you do not exist?

actually made me LOL
  • paigebeverly
    paigebeverly Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am a tad over 5'7...weigh 226 and I can fit in some 16s and comfy in a 18 at maurices. Starting weight was 250 and I was in a kind of tight 20. My first goal is to get to 200...oh yeah I also have DDs and they haven't changed at all.
  • dirtmagnets
    dirtmagnets Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and 190, very top-heavy, and wear mainly a US 14, with an occasional 12 in pants.
  • npostemni
    npostemni Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I am 5'2 and currently 166. I wear a size 8/10 in American Eagle jeans (I think they tend to run a little larger) and in other brands usually a 12/14 (I can almost comfortably fit into a 10/12). I am also very top heavy and I do not have a butt haha. So that also plays into my pants size.