500 calories in 3/4 cup of brown rice?!

Options
So this is my first time having brown rice, as I usually eat white. I measured out 3/4 cup of cooked brown rice and then logged it into my food diary. It came out to a whopping 500 calories. Is this normal?! Is brown rice usually this high in calories? I'm having a pretty hard time swallowing this fact. I really want to believe it was a mistake in logging or something.

Replies

• catherinemaxwell566
    Options
    definitely not right! id be surprised if that amount of uncooked rice was anything like that either
  • CalorieGuru
    Options
    Are you sure you're not looking at data for uncooked rice?
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    I looked this up and for 3/4 cup of cooked brown rice on 3 different sites were really close to each other. One was 160cal.,150 cal and third was 167cal. So 500 cal. is way off.
  • ainokea8
    ainokea8 Posts: 95
    Options
    Positive. I typed in "cooked brown rice" into the search bar. Anyways, I'm going to regard this as a fluke, because there's no way it can be 500 cals right?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    1/4 dry of the rice I eat is 170 calories…
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Sounds highly off. I added 3/4 cup of cooked white rice to my journal yesterday, and i am pretty sure is was around 190.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    dry... improper entry added by some moron... chalk it up as 170
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Whoever logged this, mixed up raw with cooked. This sounds realistic for 3/4 cups 3, but this is close to 3 servings.