Sugar limit

MaryAnne1
MaryAnne1 Posts: 183 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I've been wondering how people get in their fruit and veg in each without going over their sugar limits? I generally have fruit and fibre for breakfast and then 2-3 pieces of fruit throughout the day, and this usually pushes me over my sugar intake.

Any suggestions/comments would be greatly received, thanks!

Replies

• lloydrt
    lloydrt Posts: 1,121 Member
    mahs, I just had one cantalouipe and that put me over. I kinda watch how much fruit I eat, but there are many times I always go over. I look at it like this, Id rather eat healthy fresh fruit and maybe go over some on my sugar, as opposed to driving to Walgreens and getting some chocolate covered candies or sweets, like I used to, and then really pack on the sugars and calories

I think this kind of sugar from fruit is much better , as opposed to refined processed sugars........

I just dont go over too too much, but I have yet to hear the danges of eating fruit as opposed to refined processed sugars.....Good luck
  • suziblues2000
    suziblues2000 Posts: 515 Member
    Me too.

I don't count the sugar from fruit.
  • ashlee954
    ashlee954 Posts: 1,112 Member
    MFP doesn't separate natural sugars from added sugars. I wouldn't count the sugars from fruit and veggies, as they are naturally occurring and not processed. They break down easier in our bodies as well so are not stored away like added and processed sugars. It'll take a li' math on your part but just subtract the sugars from fruits and veggies from your total sugars and try not to go above your goal with the added stuff.
  • Veg have less sugar than fruit. And if you're going to go for fruit, berries are relatively low in sugar.
  • Tracy9377
    Tracy9377 Posts: 73 Member
    That answers my question. Thanks guys!
    Bring on the fruit.
This discussion has been closed.