*Bubble Guts*

Options
:noway: Okay man! wow so I am back to eating healthy and what not but good grief! I have to maintain my protein intake for my diet but goodness!!!! I got the bubble guts something horrible!... Sorry for the information but the protein farts are HORRIBLE!!!!! I cant even escape myself! much worse trying to exercise in the gym while holding it in just to have it backfire in my colon which is even worse and sounds so nasty!!! I had bought some beano this morning and took it before I had my protein shake but good gosh! that didnt help at all!!! this is killing me for real!

anyone have any other remedies that have worked for you?! #iamallears #needreliefFAST #bloatedtotheMAX!! :explode:

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am sorry for this inconvenience. I understand it is uncomfortable.

I used to have this problem when I started to change my eating plan from highly processed , ready to microwave food items to a more vegetable, legumes and fruit, homemade nutrition.

I even went to my general doctor who recommended gradual food changes, not drastic overnight. Digestive system needs time to get used to additional fiber.

If your problem persist, please check with your family doctor for advise.

Good luck in your healthy journey
  • maroonmango211
    maroonmango211 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I had this problem something fierce after a bout with the flu trying to get back into my regular eating habits after I found increasing protein variety really helped, slowing down on the fibre for a couple days and started having pro biotic yogurt almost every day really helped my gut recover and adjust. Its been two weeks and everything is back to normal no more weird bubbly feelings and bloating/gas and back to eating my usual high fibre and protein meals. If you're not a fan of yogurt they do sell pro biotic supplement as well.
  • bigblockchevybabe
    Options
    Hi

I am sorry for this inconvenience. I understand it is uncomfortable.

I used to have this problem when I started to change my eating plan from highly processed , ready to microwave food items to a more vegetable, legumes and fruit, homemade nutrition.

I even went to my general doctor who recommended gradual food changes, not drastic overnight. Digestive system needs time to get used to additional fiber.

If your problem persist, please check with your family doctor for advise.

Good luck in your healthy journey

thanks! one of the guys where I work he is training to be a bodybuilder and he was telling me the same thing to go and see my doctor! which isnt a bad idea! I havent been in a while just for a general check up! thank you for the reply!
  • bigblockchevybabe
    Options
    I had this problem something fierce after a bout with the flu trying to get back into my regular eating habits after I found increasing protein variety really helped, slowing down on the fibre for a couple days and started having pro biotic yogurt almost every day really helped my gut recover and adjust. Its been two weeks and everything is back to normal no more weird bubbly feelings and bloating/gas and back to eating my usual high fibre and protein meals. If you're not a fan of yogurt they do sell pro biotic supplement as well.

Girl I LOVE yogurt!!! especially GREEK!!!!!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Charcoal tablets are good! My (stinky) brother swears by them, you can get them from the vitamin section.
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it's the protein or maybe the other ingredients in the protein shakes?

I can eat a 20oz porterhouse with no gastric issues but one protein shake has hunting for abandoned offices all day at work. Now that I don't drink them, I rarely have that problem now.
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    one word ... BEANO
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Is it a whey protein? There could be a possibility that you have an intolerance to it if it is. It is not uncommon for some whey proteins to do that.

If it is not only when you drink the shake, you may want to try Betain HCL with enzymes. It is more expensive but way better than beno.
  • 33Freya
    33Freya Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Give it a week or two. This happened to me and my fella as well, but we both adjusted. We drink at least one protein shake a day with no problems... but yeah at first we thought the wall paper may peel for the fumes, lol.
    Also, take probiotics or eat probiotic make the transition quicker...
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Probiotics or digestive enzymes might be helpful. Good luck!
  • tech_kitten
    tech_kitten Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Probiotics and switching another type of protein shake, maybe a casein instead of whey to see if you are intolerant of whey?