Soreness

Options
Hey everyone, I need some help regarding soreness after a workout. It doesn't feel like the soreness one gets from a great workout, more like I screwed something up. Both forearms feel like I have tennis elbow, and one shoulder hurts...I could be wrong and it my be that I'm not stretching properly. Like with the forearms its hard for me to straighten out my arms without feeling the pain, but when I start to workout the pain subsides as they warm up...same for the shoulder. Any light on the matter would be helpful.
Thanks

Replies

• s1rens0ng
    s1rens0ng Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Repetitive strain injury from Too much mfp? :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it could be tendonitis. If it's that painful you can always use the R.I.C.E. technique. Rest, Ice, Compress, and Elevate. How long has it been going on? Might have to get get it checked man. That doesn't sound like normal wear and tear pain. Have you had any previous injuries to those areas?
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Sounds like it could be tendonitis. If it's that painful you can always use the R.I.C.E. technique. Rest, Ice, Compress, and Elevate. How long has it been going on? Might have to get get it checked man. That doesn't sound like normal wear and tear pain. Have you had any previous injuries to those areas?
  • knra_grl
    knra_grl Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Are you doing something new for extended periods of time?
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    No, never had any injuries, I've just upped my weight and maybe over did it. It'll be going on a week soon
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,762 Member
    Options
    No, never had any injuries, I've just upped my weight and maybe over did it. It'll be going on a week soon
    I would say it's just some inflammation. Hard to take some time off but sometimes you have to. Just alternate hot and cold packs. You might have a little fluid built up in those areas causing pain.
  • burning2much
    burning2much Posts: 4,846 Member
    Options
    So even though when I do workout and my muscles warm up and everything feels fine I should hold off on the workout? That sucks...I'll try hot and cold and see how that goes.
    Thanks all