Moi!

Options
For those who are wondering, 'Moi" is a greeting in Finnish and, strangely enough, in Grunns, the dialect of the Dutch province Groningen. I blame the connection on the Hanza trading cities in the region.
I am a University graduate with a background in law and aspiration to live healthy. Admittedly, I remain sceptical about vegetarianism and other dietary plans excluding whole groups of food. I do exclude pop and sugary drinks from my diet, but that's it. Balance is key to me - I can eat the cheesy pizza, but I have to stick to the one slice that fulfils my dietary needs. Or I could cook something healthy and fill up :-)
I've gone a long way since I started my weight-management journey back in June 2013, but I still face many of the same problems: binge eating, hunger pangs, etc. I also fear going back to my old situation, the jo-jo effect is a true boogie-man for me. In order to avoid this I work out weekly and try to be as active as possible - I take the stairs at home and at the office, walk when I have the time and opportunity. My current workout is Zumba (2x weekly), but I'm also running from time to time and I plan on trying some Tae Bo, step aerobics and hip hop dancing soon. My longest track record with workouts is a year of Vbarre, which is a ballet/boot camp/pilates mash up that I totally love. I wish there were more studios offering ballet-based workouts in Southern/South-eastern Europe. I am easily bored by Latin music, so finding the right workout motivation-wise can be challenging.
I was originally a FatSecret user (7 months), but recently I was forced to migrate to MFP since I travel internationally often and food tracking is a challenge without a rich food database such as MFP's :-)
I am still finding my way around here, but I look forward to exploring the forums and interacting with more of you! Keep up the good work!