pear shape.. butt hips and thighs... how to target

Options
Signed on a couple days ago... starting out today. Previously I lost 53 lbs through Weight Watchers, and through my own lack of attention put it all back on. rather than pay for WW again I am here to try it out!!! I have 55-60 lbs that I would like to lose. So, here it goes.

I am looking to target the belly, butt, and thighs... those are the problem areas.

thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks
WR

Replies

• mrscates
    mrscates Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Fist rule of thumb. CARDIO burns fat--PERIOD! =] Anything that makes your heart rate move will burn fat. I am pear shaped as well! I LOVE running stairs! I go to our local track and run the bleachers. Yes it's hard, but its so awesome for your booty and legs! LUNGES! Squats. Running in general! =] I went from 201 down to 147lbs. YOU CAN DO IT!

STAY STRONG!
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    There's no way to "target" a specific area to lose weight. Genetics control where you lose weight it first and sometimes, it's not always where you want it to come off.

Good luck with your renewed commitment.
  • MsElphaba
    MsElphaba Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I just started Brazil Butt Lift this morning and pear shape is the problem I am targeting with it.

That said, you may hear that while you can tone certain muscle groups, in this case your rear, legs, and abs, it is very hard to target fat loss. It is going to come off where it comes off and be harder burn in other areas. That's all true.

I started working out with my Wii Fit Plus, then added in C25K. Now that I'm near my goal, I'm adding in the more targeted work out.

Good luck!

L
  • LareishaH
    LareishaH Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I am pear shaped as well so I totally understand where you are coming from. I agree with Kacates, go for the cardio...IT WORKS!
  • Nina74
    Nina74 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    There is no way to target per se, but I am more pear shaped and I have to say that Spinning has changed the shape of my legs, thighs and hips. I usually lose there last, but my legs are becoming toned!
  • WhiteRaven
    WhiteRaven Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Stairs, and my knees don't get along right now. As I get strength back into them, and get the asthma under control I hope to do more running, and this could include stairs.

Thank you for your input!!!!