can everyone have a flat belly?

2»

Replies

• jardimgirl
    jardimgirl Posts: 522 Member
    It stinks cause that is really all I want ( silly I kno, but I can't help it) and I think at times why bother anymore. I just don't want to do the work and have no results to show
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,219 Member
    It stinks cause that is really all I want ( silly I kno, but I can't help it) and I think at times why bother anymore. I just don't want to do the work and have no results to show

How about you just put in the work.

Here's the thing: you can do the work and learn to enjoy the process and possibly (highly likely) get results OR you can do nothing and get no results. If you think you might be wasting your time even trying you WILL fail. Put the work in and trust that you will get results. You act like it's never been done before, but there are tons of people on here who have made it.

You aren't special. It will work. Just do it and stop worrying. You can't get results with the work you don't do. Only action brings results.
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Thx everyone. I really hope mine gets flat soon cause I'm already getting real skinny

You need to lose fat while maintaining as much of your muscle as possible. Eat enough protein and strength train.
  • jardimgirl
    Thx everyone. I really hope mine gets flat soon cause I'm already getting real skinny

You need to lose fat while maintaining as much of your muscle as possible. Eat enough protein and strength train.

Should I stick to a small deficit?
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member

Should I stick to a small deficit?

Yes.
  • jardimgirl
    Thx!
  • chelstakencharge
    chelstakencharge Posts: 1,021 Member
    I don't think I can...I work hard but after two pregnancies (one of those twins) and 2 c-sections, the first being emergency and I was cut hip bone to hip bone I just don't think it would be possible....but I will keep trying
  • David_AUS
    David_AUS Posts: 298 Member
    A deficit if you are still losing weight yes. Your scales are a poorer indicator or status when you get within range weight - Body Fat % is a better indicator I think from memory for women (and some may correct me here) that your belly will be relatively flat at around 18% BF and you will see definition and less than 15% (I think closer to 11 or 12 % if you want to see those abs).

The tricky bit is getting a method - body measurements are OK; mirrors are a good indicator. Calipars are the best $ for tracking loss of body fat. So if you want to lose more fat you still need to eat at a deficit - the smaller the deficit the slower the weight loss but the better chance of maintaining / building muscle mass.
  • quest67
    quest67 Posts: 94
    Ty everyone