Keep Falling Off the Wagon... Back Again!

Options
bambi2578
bambi2578 Posts: 155 Member
So here's my deal:

I'm a 25 y/o female living in NYC for the next few months. I am 5'8" and 154lbs. I have depression and anxiety, which constantly eats at me, showing my low self esteem issues.

I was here about a year ago, and was able through support of MFP to lose almost 20 pounds. I then went on vacation, had a schedule change at school, my neighbor downstairs complained that I worked out, I moved (into a 2nd floor apt again), and my boyfriend keeps coming and going for his medical school rotations. TLDR: I've made many excuses on why I did not keep up with my lifestyle.

I did great - was active 5-6 days a week, ran a 5K, ate under my calorie limit and felt great! I just fell off and have had a very hard time getting back on. I keep finding more excuses at my new apartment as well. I'm still on the second floor and I don't live in a very safe neighborhood. There are no gyms close to my house, and if I drove to one I would never find a parking spot - that's the life living in Queens. Again, excuses excuses.

I have so low self esteem, and last year I felt so great - I was able to fight off my depression and balance it with normal life. Without having an outlet, I sit at home and at work and wallow in the fact that I'm lazy and getting fat.

Sooooo.... sorry to be all sad, but low and behold I'm back to kick butt. My job has been all wacky, and the only positive about losing my position is that my new job has a gym right next to it. I plan on getting my *kitten* in there 3 times a week for classes and getting back on track. I'm looking for friends that can help me keep motivated and on track, and I am more than happy to return the favor. My bf is supportive but doesn't want anything to do with it. I had one friend (who has since taken a break from MFP due to being pregnant) that helped me tremendously, and it really shows that having some support is necessary in this road. So, please add me :)

Replies

• KalieHudson
    KalieHudson Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Glad to hear that you are able to make it back to the gym to continue on your journey. Making friends on here is a great way to keep you accountable and motivated on your weight loss journey. Just stick to it and you will definitely hit your goals. I enjoy supporting fellow MFP friends. I have sent you a friend request. Anyone feel free to add me!
  • livelaughloveandfitness
    Options
    I cant tell you how many times I have fallen off the wagon! Its tough I know! Just take it day by day! Ive always jumped into eating healthy and being active that I would have a bad day and give up! This last time though I took it day by day. I told my self this week i will try to eat 2 to 4 healthy meals a week. And the same with my work outs. This way has been some much easier Ive stuck to it way longer than the other times. And im 10 pounds down! Dont let one bad day get you down! Im going to send you a friend request. Any one is welcome to add me!