Wii Just Dance (Calories Burned Don't Match Up on MFP)

Options
Hello,

I've been doing 25-30 minutes of Just Dance 4 on the wii. When I finish, the game tells me I burned around 111 calories (it changes a little depending on what theme I've chosen for the fitness routine).

However, when I go to log my aerobic exercise, MFP tells me MUCH differently, logging calories burned as somewhere in the 500s for a 25-30 minute routine.

The discrepancy is huge, and I'm wondering if anyone knows which estimate is closer to the truth.

Replies

• mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Since "dancing" is pretty sporadic in calories burned, I really suggest if this is your way of exercise to get a HRM. Most accurate.
  • sarahmbm
    sarahmbm Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you. The workout is titled "Just Sweat" so it is like intense aerobics, but it's just really strange how large the gap is between what the wii says and what MFP say.

I'll look into a HRM. Can you get those anywhere? Like Target?
  • fittestpal
    fittestpal Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Also keep in mind that the two you're comparing might have a different definition about "intense" and exactly what is included in the movements. HRM is probably the most accurate in this situation like that girl with the cute pic said.. Dang ain't she cute
  • mschicagocubs
    Options
    Yeah you can get them at Target. I suggest going to Sports Authority, ****s....better variety.

and .... :wink: Thanks for the compliment
  • tahneesummers88
    tahneesummers88 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I also suggest going and getting a HRM :-) MFP isn't accurate at all exercise wise! I have a polar HRM.. cost me $90 on ebay and I love it :-)
  • mschicagocubs
    Options
    Yeah you can get them at Target. I suggest going to Sports Authority, ****s....better variety.

and .... :wink: Thanks for the compliment

hahaha ... it bleeped out D I C K S sporting goods ...
  • Kixshots
    Kixshots Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I actually recently did the just sweat workouts on just dance and ended up just logging it under zumba since they're basically both fitness dancing lol still lost weight that week xD