My results after losing 124lbs and 3.5 years of maintenance!

Options

Replies

• ToraChan2310
    Options
    Hubba hubba...
  • arielstariel
    Options
    What are some ideas you have for maintaining your weight. That is where I am struggling.
    Thanks and happy for you.
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Amazing and the fact that you kept it off for 3 1/2 years is even more amazing! I've been in maintenance for about 6 months now and it's very difficult, so congrats on your success and keep it up!
  • nicholebean
    nicholebean Posts: 160
    Options
    What are some ideas you have for maintaining your weight. That is where I am struggling.
    Thanks and happy for you.

Maintaining your weight takes a lot of vigilance, at least for me it does. It involves still weighing in (or tracking your progress) at least once a week. What I've learned is that even though I am at my goal weight, it does not mean I can just go back to eating how I used to. This is a life style change and with that being said I will need to eat healthy (I still treat myself to less healthy meals) and work out regularly for the rest of my life. I am okay with that though, there is never an easy fix. I won't lie and say maintenance is easy because it is not but as long as you put in the effort you can do it! I've back slid a little a few times, but always realize it and have never gained more than 10lbs back. It gets easier as the years go on for me though, as now this really is just how I live my life. I like being happy, healthy and alive. I don't mind giving up a lot of processed junk food for that.
  • divainsneakers
    divainsneakers Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Great job on losing and maintaining!
  • missyhoneybeee
    Options
    Wow you look gorgeous ,well done :)
  • techgal128
    techgal128 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Wow, very impressive! If I may ask, do you have any loose skin or remaining stretch marks? I'm losing a similar amount of weight and want to know what I can expect.
  • nicholebean
    Options
    Wow, very impressive! If I may ask, do you have any loose skin or remaining stretch marks? I'm losing a similar amount of weight and want to know what I can expect.

Stretch marks yes, but to be honest being 5'1 and 250lbs is what caused those stretch marks so I had those before I began my journey. Lose skin yes. My arms and legs have some as does my stomach. Doesn't look horrible, but I can tell my stomach has it more when I bend over. But: I'll take the loose skin and stretch marks over being overweight and unhealthy.
  • coffencr
    coffencr Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You have inspired me today. Congratulations on you weight loss .
  • gcanter
    gcanter Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Awesome, great job!
  • BarbellBlondieRuns
    BarbellBlondieRuns Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Love your cute profile pic. Cute dress in the after pic :flowerforyou:
  • nicholebean
    Options
    Awesome! Love your cute profile pic. Cute dress in the after pic :flowerforyou:

Thank you! :]
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    WOW - GREAT JOB!!!
  • nicholebean
    Options
    It's amazing to see that many of you commenting on my post have had similar results! Makes me even more determined to keep up this lifestyle I have made for myself!
  • driii123
    driii123 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    What a transformation! Great work!
  • jbella99
    jbella99 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    awesome job
  • kmclamb13
    kmclamb13 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    You have done a great job! I lost 85 lbs. and kept off 50lbs. I think i have got it under control now.Congratulations on keeping it all off.
  • nicholebean
    Options
    You have done a great job! I lost 85 lbs. and kept off 50lbs. I think i have got it under control now.Congratulations on keeping it all off.

Thank you! You can lose what you gained back, just keep going! I have backslid about 10lbs a few times but always realize it. Realizing it and acknowledging it is half the battle. The other half of the battle is being willing to try again! You've got this, best of luck!
  • Lena1967
    Lena1967 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am not sure which is more impressive, your initial loss or the fact that you have kept it off for over 3 1/2 years! Thanks you for sharing your maintenance tips as well. You are inspiring!
  • Charlotte318
    Charlotte318 Posts: 37 Member
    Options

Stretch marks yes, but to be honest being 5'1 and 250lbs is what caused those stretch marks so I had those before I began my journey. Lose skin yes. My arms and legs have some as does my stomach. Doesn't look horrible, but I can tell my stomach has it more when I bend over. But: I'll take the loose skin and stretch marks over being overweight and unhealthy.
    This was my question. You look amazing! Awesome job losing and maintaining.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!