heat and water retention

Options
Ok, so I live in wonderful, super hot right now, Southern California. Yesterday, the temp was up around 110+……so hot I felt the sun tinging my skin when I went to pick my sun up from school at 3pm. I tend to retain water when it's hot, even though I drink a TON of water, and now I'm feeling all icky and swollen. Does anyone else retain water in the heat? Anyone have any suggestions on how to reduce the effects?

Replies

• psayne
    psayne Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I hear you girl yestrday was pretty hot ans seemed like I deank more water then eat anything and today I just don't feel all good Im not hungry or anything so not sure what we can do.For me I had to pee all night and still feel the same way.So if anyone has an answer for us that would be awsome lol..Have a great day.
  • cem789
    cem789 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    its 10 degrees celcuis in aberdeen - cold all year round!
  • KarenBorter
    KarenBorter Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I have no idea ... I guess making sure sodium levels are in check would be helpful to reduce bloating. I drank 22 glasses of water yesterday (plus 12oz with the magnesium ... don't ask LOL) and still felt dehydrated. I know I didn't sweat as hard yesterday during my workout. Thankfully it looks as though we only have 1 week left of this crazy weather.
  • Paige1108
    Paige1108 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Same here, drank 16 glasses of water and felt a little tight yesterday, but I feel fine this morning. I would just like to add, what the heck! It was 90+ degrees at the beach. At the beach!!
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    hope more reply on this issue, I eat exactly the same thing each day, and since the temp shot up I have gained a half pound, this is impossible, I am not hormonal etc, so I think our bodies do retain water when temps are up even if we drink and remember a gallon of water weighs 8 pounds, oh I forgot to mention I live in San Diego so I know the temp rise at the moment you are speaking of, still up that same half pound this morning, will check back here as the temps cool etc, by the end of the week this heat wave may be over, looks like we are finely getting summer, julienne
  • chrissyz22
    Options
    It gets awfully hot here in Oklahoma. Most of our summer was 100+. Swelling is part of the heat. Think about it. You probably air your tires on your car more in the winter because air will contract and in the summer it will expand. Unforunately, so do we. I hope that tad bit of info helps.
  • lyn54
    lyn54 Posts: 415
    Options
    I am new on this site and haven't even written an intro yet. I am an "old-hand" at water retention. I have some suggestions.
    Eat more fresh or raw fruits and veggies. The Greener Veggies are even better. Melons will make you "go." Cranberries or cranberry juice. There are some herbal things that work too. Dandelion and Nature's Sunshine has a product: Cranberry/Bucho that works well. You need to make sure you are supplementing with trace minerals. (Magnesium, Potassium..etc). I live in Kentucky and we have had 100 degree weather this summer with the humidity so bad you couldn't see out your windows at times.
    Last week we had 90-96 degree weather but this week: it's beautiful Fall days of 70-80 degree weather and in the low 50's-60's at night. We have a "saying" in Kentucky: if you don't like the weather now just wait a few hours.