Overweight 21 year old from Califonia

Options
BRA_S
BRA_S Posts: 111 Member
Hi everyone! My name is Brandi and I am from valley village, California. I started almost 2 weeks ago and was at 230. I am starting out by eating a 1500 calorie diet (not exact, leaving my self some wiggle room) writing what I eat, and working out 5 days a week. And trying to cook at least twice a week. I am always looking for new knowledge. I am a college student and do not have the money to afford a dietician and trainer. I've literally been learning a lot of things on sites like youtube, for cooking and workouts ( cardio and strength). I am the only person I know struggling with weight and I really don't have a support system. Hope to chat with some great people here.

Replies

• JodiRhiannon
    Options
    Hey Brandi, my path seems quite similar to yours. feel free to add me and we can motivate each other.
  • georgina1970
    georgina1970 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Hi, A 1500 calorie diet is pretty low unless you're short like me (5"0'.)
    Your calorie goal should be TDEE - 20%. Search the forums if you don't have good idea about what this is.
    Aim to loose slowly. Large calorie deficiets can trigger our metabolisms to slow down making it harder to maintain weight on the same number of calories we previously lost on.
  • BRA_S
    BRA_S Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Oh wow. Really? I'll do more research. Great advice
  • badgalmari
    badgalmari Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me as a friend. I am actively using MFP and it has changed my life. Good luck to you on your journey!
  • NatNat18394
    Options
    Hey, I'm 20 so a similar age to you:) I'm looking for new friends too for motivation and encouragement so feel free to add me if you think we'd get along. I hope we can support and motivate each other to achieve our goals!:)
  • gil_u
    gil_u Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I'm 26 from California. I'm on here daily and leave my food log open so friends can see. Sending a friend request.
  • TonyPillz
    TonyPillz Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    25 here from the UK , i eat between 1800 and 2300 kals a day , and loose 1 LB week.

Don't deprive yourself
    Exercise 5 or 6 times a week

Every week its 100% 1LB or more.

Add me if you like , i even have deserts its all down to you and how much work you put in.
  • bmbaldridge
    bmbaldridge Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hello, Brandi! I think we're in the same boat. I'll be 23 in a few days and I want to lose about 140 lbs. as my ultimate goal. I've been a yo-yo dieter in the past and even lost 100+ lbs once, and then gained it back. I'm ready to get it off and keep it off for good this time. Feel free to add me on here, or msg me and I'll share my Facebook link! Having someone to hold me accountable would be great.
  • DymonNdaRgh40
    DymonNdaRgh40 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Hey Brandi!

I'd love to offer my support. Feel free to add me as a friend. I've learned a great deal reading these forums as well. You can do this!