Sexypants friends

Options
lori_oz
lori_oz Posts: 13 Member
I'm looking for friends who are following the advice outlined in the most excellent 'Guide to get you started on your path to Sexypants' thread (http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants)

Key requirement is that you've read that thread and all the linked threads within it and at least kind've agree. Preferably strongly and enthusiastically agree. Not overly keen on particular-diet types or 1200-cal-diet-but-not-tiny types (no judgement, just not my approach - been there done that) or in non-loggers. Women over 30 with kids particularly welcome but diversity is good too.

My own background is littered with crazy calorie deficit diets followed by crazy binge cycles and plenty of weird and wonderful exclusion diets in between.. I've used MFP on and off over the past couple of years but all within one of those ahem, frameworks and never using the community features (read zero friends).

I now just want to get my @$#* together and this seems to me the most sane way.

So for me it's TDEE - 20%, eating back 0%-50% of exercise. Protein set at 1g per 1lb of lean weight and aiming for a good mix of mostly real foods with enough 'treats' thrown in to keep me consistent and prevent wagon falling incidents (if it fits my macros).

Also trying to get my least objectionable exercise choices done consistently (and maybe even dare I say it enjoyably) whilst balancing working full time with looking after two small children and at least maintaining some semblance of appearance of non-obsession on any of the above topics..

If you're in a similar place please add me, and don't forget to send an intro note with your add to describe said similar place.

(Oh and if any of the 'adopt a noob' people happen to be reading this and fit please adopt me! I am adorable and have a kitten avatar to prove it. Ok my kitten is adorable - that's something)

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options

So for me it's TDEE - 20%, eating back 0%-50% of exercise. Protein set at 1g per 1lb of lean weight and aiming for a good mix of mostly real foods with enough 'treats' thrown in to keep me consistent and prevent wagon falling incidents (if it fits my macros).

Use TDEE or MFP, not both. If you are going to go on TDEE based, you do not eat your calories back. Or calculate TDEE without including exercise and then eat at least half if not all your exercise calories back. You cannot do TDEE-20% and then count exercise calories.
  • lori_oz
    Options
    I calculated TDEE without exercise. When I see I've been more consistent with exercise will probably go back and recalculate TDEE to include it (and then log exercise as 1 cal).
  • lori_oz
    Options
    bump :flowerforyou:
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I do exactly what you do but only deduct 10% off my TDEE since I only have 5kgs to lose. I use a HRM and eat back almost 100% of my exercise calories. You're already on my list though lol.
  • CharleePear
    CharleePear Posts: 1,948 Member
    Options
    I have found what you have described as the best approach for me, sometimes if I plateau I will ditch the extra treats for a week or two and increase my exercise and whammo, so far so good anyway. I do have ed relapses when I hit a rough patch in life, but mostly I am pretty good. You are welcome to add me.
  • LTKeegan
    LTKeegan Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I fit all of your criteria but I'm under 30 (just turned 26) and with no children. If you'd like to be freeends :flowerforyou:
  • lori_oz
    Options
    Great, added you both!