Can't do it alone

Options
So I started mfp a month or so ago, did not make any posts, was following it well with inputting my exercise and everything I ate (and I do mean everything) figuring the only person I was lying to was myself. Then for two weeks I stopped putting in what I ate, gained back the three pounds I had lost and added two more pounds to it. Got on self destruct mode, after all self-sabotage has always been my best friend. Today is a new day and I have discovered I need help and would love to make some friends on here that get this and get that an army of one won't win the war. Breakfast got entered, now its time to go take a walk. Thank you to each and everyone of you that have made posts, you all, no pounds or 100 pounds, are a total inspiration to me :) Have a great day!

Replies

• AmberBarrios
    AmberBarrios Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Everyone is here for support and encouragement. Keep at it girl and you will see results. I have been at this for almost 5 months now and the progress is slow but is definatley starting to show. I didn't have many friends on here until the other day I started going through posts and looking at profiled and people that inspired me just by reading their profiles I requested as friends. GOOD LUCK!!!!!
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Add me! I have been a member for 40 days, and I'm doing great. The support from this site has made it possible!
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    (HUGS) you aren't alone!
  • raven58
    Options
    You are never on your own. You can do this, for you! You are the one that matters. Have fun with it. So you slipped, so what. You are back. This isn't a diet, it is a lifestyle.

Good Luck!!!:flowerforyou:
  • msemejuru
    Options
    Good job rebounding from that cycle! You have the right attitude looking forward. When I eat poorly for a meal I try to think "Okay, I'll do better at the next meal" instead of "The whole day is shot, I can eat whatever I want". That puts me back in control before the next meal and keeps me from going on a carb binge.

This is a hard journey but the results are worth it. Good luck!
  • WonderNoodle
    Options
    we do need people in like situations, who "get it". that's whats great here. i don't post on the boards a lot, but my group of friends and i interact with eachother on our "home page news feed" several times a day, motivating, congratulating and supporting one another.

stick here...we need you too!

now go journal your food and exercise young lady!
  • lutzsher
    lutzsher Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I spent the first 6 months on this site floundering and not being dedicated to ME. It took me this time to find my way and to realize that I had to PLAN, PLAN, PLAN, or I would never succeed.
    I created a 2 week menu, including all meals and snacks. I did this to help me plan so I was never at a loss about what to eat or prepare but have come to realize that it is very handy for grocery shopping and has actually brought our total monthly expenses down. Making this meals plan also helps me to ensure Im getting in a balanced diet with lots of variety and I like to "calorie shift", basically getting in different amounts of calories each day, so this is vital to doing that as well. I have found this works well for me to keep my body guessing and to keep me from getting into a "food rut" where Im eating the same things day after day.
    I spend some time each Sunday preparing and portioning things out as both my husband and I work more than full time hours so really need to be proactive in this area.
    Due to my hectic schedule I still have a hard time getting in enough activity, but Im so used to my food plan that I have no issues with portion control or poor choices any longer so it balances out and Im still managing to lose 1 to 2 pounds per week.
  • dietcokaholic2
    Options
    This place and these people are the best I have ever met! Add me and together we can all be losers!!! Hahah
  • islandnutshel
    islandnutshel Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    I wanted to do it all alone, I thought. But it only worked for a short while so I was always losing the same 10 pounds. The difference is that you are accountable to more then youself and in giving to others you learn about yourself. I opened up and made my self part of the community and I am very grateful for the support, insights, encouragement and motivation they have given me. In 4 months I have lost 26 pounds and feel unstoppable. That's what letting go of independence has done for me. Proud of you for recognising you need to try something different.
  • Jamison3
    Options
    Thank you all. I am overwhelmed, I should have done this when I first joined. You are are amazing people and I am inspired by each and everyone of you!!! Now, off to take a walk, a rare sunfilled day in Monterey, going to make the most of it! :smile:
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Wendybirduk
    Wendybirduk Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You will never be alone here Jamison! Make me a friend if you want and I will support you all the way!
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I spent the first 6 months on this site floundering and not being dedicated to ME. It took me this time to find my way and to realize that I had to PLAN, PLAN, PLAN, or I would never succeed.
    I created a 2 week menu, including all meals and snacks. I did this to help me plan so I was never at a loss about what to eat or prepare but have come to realize that it is very handy for grocery shopping and has actually brought our total monthly expenses down. Making this meals plan also helps me to ensure Im getting in a balanced diet with lots of variety and I like to "calorie shift", basically getting in different amounts of calories each day, so this is vital to doing that as well. I have found this works well for me to keep my body guessing and to keep me from getting into a "food rut" where Im eating the same things day after day.
    I spend some time each Sunday preparing and portioning things out as both my husband and I work more than full time hours so really need to be proactive in this area.
    Due to my hectic schedule I still have a hard time getting in enough activity, but Im so used to my food plan that I have no issues with portion control or poor choices any longer so it balances out and Im still managing to lose 1 to 2 pounds per week.

What's your daily minimum and max calories.