3 month summer challenge!

Options
Hey guys, can anyone help me out?

I'm planning on setting myself a 3 month challenge to take me until the end of June when summer will finally be here (REJOICE!) and I will be blogging about it on my health and fitness site along the way.

I know i generally want to focus on eating clean, working out, losing fat, building muscle, but obviously all these are very broad and I want to set some specific goals, whether it be do 'this' everyday for 3 months or be able to do 'that' at the end of three months. I'm not wanting to set a specific weight loss goal because my blog promotes having a healthy body and a healthy mind and i have found in my own experience that focusing too much on the numbers on the scale can really mess up the latter.

Just a bit about myself I'm 5'3 134lbs and i'd estimate around 26% body fat. I eat pretty well, or at least i know what i should be eating (sometimes I'm a bit naughty hence the 26% bodyfat!). I run and do circuits a few times a week but my main training is weight training. I'm still pretty new (been training about a year but not consistently enough to build significant muscle). I'd love to one day compete in a fitness bikini comp but right now that's a bit too ambitious. I'd say I'm at the stage before that haha.

So i'm asking your advice, what's a realistic goal or challenge for myself? Particularly, what would you like to see someone blogging about? I know I would love to follow the journey of someone prepping for comp but like I said my fitness is a bit too low and my body fat too high to set myself a goal like that just yet. Also, I'd love for anyone who wants to join me to get involved :)

Let me know I'll be interested to see what you all think :)

Replies

• LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    Based on your profile you want to lose several lbs. Considering you are not overweight, how exactly are you going to lose all this weight (which I suspect only you can see) and at the same time gain muscle? Your target weight would put you to marginany underweight, so how can you be underweight and at the same time increase significanly muscle volume? It sounds liek you need to decide what is more important, very low weight or bulking?