An old enemy tries to return

Options
2»

Replies

• MrsHollingsworthThomas
    Options
    I think a lot of people have this issue. I realized a few years ago, that I am a stress eater.
    I know it sounds corny, but for me, the biggest step to getting over it was actually ACKNOWLEDGING it. lol.
    When I notice it happening, I have an inner conversation with myself and can usually talk myself out of it.
    I was so stressed last week that almost IMMEDIATELY it seemed like I just wanted something fried.. smh.
    I acknowledged it, reminded myself that it was an unhealthy response to my situation and got past it.
    Having something on hand to combat the urges seems to help me also. I may have an apple or banana (b/c my cravings are usually for something sweet) that will push the craving away until I can mentally move on.

My advice.. one day/moment/craving at a time... Be aware of it when it happens; sometimes your logic and sound reasoning (hopefully ??) can help you overcome the habit.

You got over it before, so you can do it again. Just think: you're even stronger now b/c you HAVE gotten over it previously.
    Good luck.
  • Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    I need tips from you. You said you'd gone years without comfort eating, I don't think I've ever gone more than a few months.

But for anger, hard workouts, preferably involving punching something (non living, of course!) might do the trick. And if the neighbors won't complain, bellowing at the top of your lungs. Hey, it's been known to help me, along with a few most unladylike words.