starting with heralife shake and treadmill :)

Options

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    If i was you... i would just keep my calorie intake to no more then 1200

ee9073fc50c7b0f472ded37f92b23807.gif
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    This thread looks promising. In.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Is your Indian food homemade or do you purchase it?

its homemade, i cook it

MFP has an option to create your own meal. You input each ingredient and divide it into servings and it gives you the calorie count. It's tedious to get it in there, but soon you'll have your own little database of your own meals to choose from. Counting calories can always be done.

This^^

My "recipe box" has everything from my Mom's meatloaf receipe to my husband's favorite chicken & dumpling recipe. It took some time entering the ingredients the first time and determining the serving size and # of servings, but now logging homemade meals is easier than using the barcode scanner on processed/packaged food.
  • eslcity
    eslcity Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    sorry when i said no more then 1200.. I made a mistake... MFP recommends for me to eat 1680 calories for weight lose... i'm not sure what yours says...

but what i mean eat food and exercise.. keep the shakes... because they are expensive and use them later after you have lose the weight...... just as a means to help you maintain your weight.... not as a means to lose weight.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    If i was you... i would just keep my calorie intake to no more then 1200 and do the the 3km or more on the treadmill...

You will lose weight.... and later on... use the heralife shake to help you maintain...

I can't tell if this is serious or not ......but it's recipe for fat+muscle loss.

If OP want to lose (mainly) fat.....she should question 2 things.

1. Is 1200 NET an appropriate number?.....because 1200 is the just lowest default number MFP gives. 1200 is "generic." Also, 1200 is a NET number on MFP.....that means exercise calories get added back to help prevent muscle loss (which happens with really large calorie deficits. Check your BMR .....if 1200 is lower....1200 is not enough calories.

2. Do I need more than cardio for good health? The answer is yes, if you want to keep existing muscle. Strength training helps you keep muscle and is good for bone health. Strength training will help shape your body.

Not a fan of meal replacement diets myself....been there/ done that.....and here I am back again. Maybe you wean yourself off Herbalife by subbing in a healthy lunch eventually, and then subbing in a healthy breakfast eventually. This will help you learn how to keep weight off ......instead of depending upon Herbalife for the rest of your life.
  • Shveta131
    Shveta131 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Is your Indian food homemade or do you purchase it?

its homemade, i cook it

MFP has an option to create your own meal. You input each ingredient and divide it into servings and it gives you the calorie count. It's tedious to get it in there, but soon you'll have your own little database of your own meals to choose from. Counting calories can always be done.

Thanks i shall try it
  • Shveta131
    Options
    If i was you... i would just keep my calorie intake to no more then 1200 and do the the 3km or more on the treadmill...

You will lose weight.... and later on... use the heralife shake to help you maintain...

I can't tell if this is serious or not ......but it's recipe for fat+muscle loss.

1. Is 1200 NET an appropriate number?.....because 1200 is the just lowest default number MFP gives. 1200 is "generic." Also, 1200 is a NET number on MFP.....that means exercise calories get added back to help prevent muscle loss (which happens with really large calorie deficits. Check your BMR .....if 1200 is lower....1200 is not enough calories.

2. Do I need more than cardio for good health? The answer is yes, if you want to keep existing muscle. Strength training helps you keep muscle and is good for bone health. Strength training will help shape your body.

Not a fan of meal replacement diets myself....been there/ done that.....and here I am back again. Maybe you wean yourself off Herbalife by subbing in a healthy lunch eventually, and then subbing in a healthy breakfast eventually. This will help you learn how to keep weight off ......instead of depending upon Herbalife for the rest of your life.

I have not planned to use herbalife rest of my life, i just want to use it for couple of months till i lose some weight . I shall stick to my regular routine after i lose few kgs.
    I have tried balancing my food intake and exercise hard. but this only resulted in maintaining my weight instead to losing it.

i heard about herbalife success and unsucessful stories a lot, one of my close friend experienced it, she lost 1kg every week and now balancing her weight.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,583 Member
    Options
    I have not planned to use herbalife rest of my life, i just want to use it for couple of months till i lose some weight . I shall stick to my regular routine after i lose few kgs.
    I have tried balancing my food intake and exercise hard. but this only resulted in maintaining my weight instead to losing it.

that's the problem... when you return to your regular routine, what do you think is going to happen?
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    I's echo entering your recipes and getting the calorie count for your indian mealss. I'd spend my money on things other than herbalife meal replacements.
    Does your 4 year old ride a trike or bike? If so go for walks/rides together. It's fast walking to keep up with a 4 year old on a btrike.
    Take them to the park.

Good for you for starting the weight loss journey but I'd get off the herbalife soon.
  • Shveta131
    Options
    I's echo entering your recipes and getting the calorie count for your indian mealss. I'd spend my money on things other than herbalife meal replacements.
    Does your 4 year old ride a trike or bike? If so go for walks/rides together. It's fast walking to keep up with a 4 year old on a btrike.
    Take them to the park.

Good for you for starting the weight loss journey but I'd get off the herbalife soon.

i already walk and run a lot , i have treadmill at home. i use it in my exercise routine .
  • Shveta131
    Options

that's the problem... when you return to your regular routine, what do you think is going to happen?

i dont think i will gain back my weight as i am active in my workouts.
  • trogalicious
    Options

so you're going to drink these shakes until you lose weight... then go back to the food you were eating before and expect your results to not to return?

that isn't how it works.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

so you're going to drink these shakes until you lose weight... then go back to the food you were eating before and expect your results to not to return?

that isn't how it works.

QFT. So much truth...it almost hurts.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options
    sorry when i said no more then 1200.. I made a mistake... MFP recommends for me to eat 1680 calories for weight lose... i'm not sure what yours says...

but what i mean eat food and exercise.. keep the shakes... because they are expensive and use them later after you have lose the weight...... just as a means to help you maintain your weight.... not as a means to lose weight.

So, buy shakes to maintain... for the rest of your life?
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

i heard about herbalife success and unsucessful stories a lot, one of my close friend experienced it, she lost 1kg every week and now balancing her weight.

You'll hear more long term success stories from people who eat real food. Not everything requires a magic solution. Sure the shakes are marketed better than broccoli crowns and chicken breasts so of course you're going to hear more... the success stories almost always come from people shilling the crap anyway. Follow the money.
  • Shveta131
    Options

that isn't how it works.

So, u tell me the any other way?? apart from this
  • Shveta131
    Options

You'll hear more long term success stories from people who eat real food. Not everything requires a magic solution. Sure the shakes are marketed better than broccoli crowns and chicken breasts so of course you're going to hear more... the success stories almost always come from people shilling the crap anyway. Follow the money.

i agree with you, but i am not completely depending on only herbalife shake to lose weight. i am just adding it to my routine to get some lbs off. thats it :) i mean i am just trying it if it works..

i believe in healthy food and good exercise.
  • trogalicious
    Options

that isn't how it works.

yeah, using MFP. Weigh your foods. Find out EXACTLY what you're eating. IF you're eating the same amount for 6 weeks, and you're not losing.. then eat 100 calories less per day for another 6 weeks. Repeat the process until you figure it out.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

that isn't how it works.

This other way is to use MFP (My Fitness Pal) as a learning tool.

Weigh (or at least measure) everything you eat.....then log it into MFP. Some portions are small than you think. I remember being shocked by some things I ate on a regular basis.

Log exercise into MFP ....but realize calorie counts form machines & MFP are estimates.....often very generous. We all want to give ourselves credit for exercise...but I was "disappointed" by calorie burns my heart rate monitor gave me.

If you were trying to lose...but ended up just maintaining.....then you calculated something wrong. It's either eating more than you thought, or burning less than you thought.

Maintaining a weight loss is HARD.....I have not been successful. Using MFP gives me hope. MFP is about lifestyle changes.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    Options

i agree with you, but i am not completely depending on only herbalife shake to lose weight. i am just adding it to my routine to get some lbs off. thats it :) i mean i am just trying it if it works..

i believe in healthy food and good exercise.

I wish I had your money to burn