whats your favourite fruits &vegetables?

Options
s1rens0ng
s1rens0ng Posts: 127 Member
Some can be really bland or you just get bored with the same old thing , so whats your favourites and how do you like them prepared?

Replies

• nenshali
    nenshali Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Bananas and peaches are my fav's. I eat bananas nearly on a daily basis. Peaches not quite often, but I really really do enjoy the taste. Well, I love fruit in general. Mangos and pineapple are just lovely as well.
    I eat them either how they are, blend them and/or eat them with some plain or low-fat vanilla yogurt.

I'm a little bit bored of apples, I just eat them every here and then and prefer the super-sweet kind.

veggies.. I fell in love with cauliflower "mashed potato" :P
    I love carrots, zucchini, red pepper and eat those very regularly. Most of the time simply roasted in the oven or in a pan with just a little bit of oil.
    What I also love is pumpkin soup; I only make that every few months but I enjoy it so much.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,091 Member
    Options
    Banana, strawberries,raspberries, mandarins.

Pumpkin, potato, cauliflower, carrots
  • Left4Good
    Left4Good Posts: 304
    Options
    Lemons and Berries (i hate bananas and oranges)

Almost all vegetables except asparagus
  • PhearlessPhreaks
    PhearlessPhreaks Posts: 890 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of pretty much every vegetable out there... and the vast majority of them taste superbly delicious when lightly sauteed with a little olive oil or butter, salt, pepper, onion and garlic powder. It's really simple and super yummy!

Fruit for me really depends on the season, but I think apples are my fave, with the exception of wild raspberries.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    I tend to love more summer fruit, which limits a bit my options when they are not in season: cherries, peaches, watermelon, grapes, figs.
    Vegetables, I like pretty much everything. Avocados, eggplants, zucchini, peas, carrots are my favourite. Also corn, although I am not sure I should count this as a vegetable (yes I know it technically is a vegetable).
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Blueberries. No prep. Just put straight into the digestive system.
  • drewmmm
    drewmmm Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    If I could live in a pineapple, I would.

Considering vegetables, I can eat tomato everyday with just a bit of salt.
  • Jazz_2014
    Jazz_2014 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    It used to be all starchy veggies, with lima beans being number one. It now is kale, which was a childhood fav that was revitalized. Enjoy kale chips and sautee kale with onion and fresh garlic, add baked cube sweet potatoe to the mix and I am in heaven.

Fruit is granny smith apple. But fresh berries of any kind are yummy too.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I am not a huge fruit fan in general - or at least I wasn't - maybe it was the texture that bothered me - but ever since I got my Blendtec I have been loving the fruit in smoothies. In fact it has opened my world to just about every fruit. I like them all now - as long as they are pulverized into smoothie like consistency LOL

My favs are blueberries, mango and peach.

I also sneak spinach into my smoothies because again - I am not a big fan of eating leafy greens. In past even when I had a "salad" it would be cucumber, tomato, onion and peppers (every damn time).
  • lemur_lady
    lemur_lady Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I love grapes, nectarines, and mangoes. I also love avocados! So many things you can add avocado to. Veggies I love nearly all of them just cant always be bothered to prepare and cook them (naughty me I know).
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    Fruits

Avocados - Raw, sliced, sprinkled with pepper and a little sea salt.
    Grapes - Green, Frozen
    Apples - Granny Smith, Frozen
    Plums
    Bananas

Vegetables

Broccoli
    Peas
    Okra
    Spinach

I'm very versatile when it comes to vegetables. Sometimes raw, sometimes cooked in a broth, and sometimes I get pretty elaborate. For example one of my favorite dishes is when I take broccoli, peas, and avocado, pan fry them in some butter, season well with sea salt, crushed red peppers, thyme, and garlic, and add some full fat mayo. Unbelievably delicious.
  • suejoker
    suejoker Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    OH, so much produce, so little time! I love so many fruits & veggies, but if I had to pick one of each to eat for the rest of my life they would be...

BRUSSEL SPROUTS--halved, with coarsely chopped garlic & onions, sprayed with coconut oil cooking spray, roasted in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.

and

MANGOS--fully ripe, dripping with juice, cut into squares on the inside and flipped inside out!
  • dirtmagnets
    dirtmagnets Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Jicama, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, zucchini, and yellow summer squash for veggies, though there are very few I won't eat.
    Kiwi, strawberries, banana, and Jonathan apples for fruit. I don't care for melon of any type, but will eat just about any other fruit.
  • _Nicklebee
    Options
    I'm by far a fruit kind of girl.

Apples with Peanut Butter
    English Muffin (toasted), Nutella and fresh strawberries

Also will grab an orange or a banana if i'm on the go. Will gladly eat some grapes if i'm in the mood for a snack.

As far as Vegetables go… I like corn and green beans. WIll eat a chop it salad with some chicken. But that's about it. Roasted peppers on some sandwiches.
  • luckysb216
    Options
    Where to begin?! I love mostly all of them but my current favorite veggie is roasted asparagus and my favorite fruit is pineapple.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    Fruits: melons, grapes, berries, mangos, apples, oranges, grapefruit.

Vegetables: Corn, peas, beans, lettuce, kale, spinach, carrots, radishes, asparagus, cuccumbers, red onions, cabbage, squash, pumpkin, sweet potatoes, regular potatoes,

Roasted, raw, steamed, sauted are my favorite cooking methods.
  • Iwishyouwell
    Iwishyouwell Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    BRUSSEL SPROUTS--halved, with coarsely chopped garlic & onions, sprayed with coconut oil cooking spray, roasted in a 350 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.

Yes! Can't believe I forgot the brussel sprouts! I too love, love them well seasoned and roasted.
  • AllyCatXandi
    AllyCatXandi Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    ----Fruit----
    + Apples - raw, stewed, in a crumble/pie/danish
    + Berries (strawberries in particular) - raw, with yoghurt, over baked ricotta, in smoothies, etc.
    + Banana - grilled, in oatmeal, in a yoghurt/ice cream banana split
    + Grapes - raw
    + Mango - raw, grilled, in smoothies
    + Watermelon - raw
    + Peaches - raw, grilled
    + Pineapple - raw, grilled
    + Dates - smoothies, curries/tagines, in crumbles
    + Raisins - in cereal, crumbles, curries, misc. baked goods (e.g. hot cross buns)

----Vegetables----
    + Sweet potato (baked whole, as chips)
    + Pumpkin (baked, soup)
    + Peas (with mint sauce, in risotto)
    + Capsicum (in stir-fries, in slow-cooked dishes)
    + Corn (in stir-fries, with butter/margarine/salt/pepper)
    + Onion (in pasta sauces, stir-fries)
    + Carrot (in pasta sauce, stir-fries)
    + Celery (see carrot)
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Oranges (I LOVE THEM, I eat at least 2 a day)
    Bananas
    Apples
    Peaches
    Kiwi
    Watermelon
    Strawberry
    Raspberry

and many more. I love fruits so much.

Vegetables:::
    Cucumber
    Tomatoe
    Corn