Fight with husband, no sleep, now sugar urges

Options
I'm a hot mess today. Had an argument with my husband yeseterday and now we aren't speaking. Of course that means I didn't sleep at all last night (56 minutes according to my Jawbone) and now this morning and fiending for sugar and carbs to keep me going. I feel like complete crap and need some encouraging words to fight off the lingering binge.

Replies

• Jestinia
    Jestinia Posts: 1,154 Member
    Options
    Get through the day. It's just one day. Admittedly, a miserable day, but one day. And sneak a nap in somewhere if you can.
  • Armyguy744
    Options
    Keep your chin up, Drink lots of water, hope the rest of your day gets better!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Just for today you can get through it. Journaling and writing down your feelings and frustrations can also help. It may aid you in being able to let go of the negative and let you sleep.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Reaching out - great step. Is it possible to reach out to your husband - just for a first word? Your craving for sugar is a reward craving, I'd think; since you feel bad about the fight you want some kind of "feel good". Maybe if you can start the healing process with one little thing, that will help. The stress relief alone will take away some of those cravings. I know fights suck, but fixing the breach feels so much better.
  • jlshea
    jlshea Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Work is keeping me busy and I've steered clear of the birthday cake PopTarts upstairs. Just need to keep telling myself its not worth all those calories and I'll just end up crashing harder if I give in. Husband and I are both being stubborn. I feel like I shouldn't have to make the first step as he's the one who snapped at me when I was trying to share why I was upset over my stepdaughters behavior.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Work is keeping me busy and I've steered clear of the birthday cake PopTarts upstairs. Just need to keep telling myself its not worth all those calories and I'll just end up crashing harder if I give in. Husband and I are both being stubborn. I feel like I shouldn't have to make the first step as he's the one who snapped at me when I was trying to share why I was upset over my stepdaughters behavior.

I do understand that, but remember, your marriage is not a competition. No one "wins" a fight. The times my hubs and I have fought and I felt I was in the right and still reached out first, once we'd worked things out, I realized it was a win for both of us because the breach was healed. It's not a war. It's a marriage, and it's 100%/100%, not 50/50.
  • awndawn
    awndawn Posts: 2
    Options
    Suck it up and reach out to your husband with the first word. Your marriage is worth more than your ego, even if he is in the wrong. That will give you a sense of relief from the anxiety causing these issues.

Hope you feel better!
  • laurie04427
    laurie04427 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I find being tired in itself makes it so hard to stay on track.

If it was me I'd go home "sick" from work (assuming you are at work), take a nap. Things always seem more in focus after sleep.

If not, and you want to stick it out (if so you're tougher than me :) ) pre-log your food and make yourself stick to it. And take a nap when you get home.
  • JenLikes2Rock
    Options
    Suck it up and reach out to your husband with the first word. Your marriage is worth more than your ego, even if he is in the wrong. That will give you a sense of relief from the anxiety causing these issues.

Hope you feel better!

^ This! Not only are you hurting yourself by playing the "who will break first" game - but you're also damaging your marriage. Couples fight. No denying that. But there are "healthier" was to fight than this. Your marriage should be worth being the first to "give".
  • Songbirdcw
    Songbirdcw Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Good advice already given. I hope your day gets better.
  • kmglennie
    kmglennie Posts: 40
    Options
    With emotional conflicts and issues like this, I second the journalling suggestion, and I also would like to add a recommendation for yoga or running. I find that yoga really helps me get perspective and focus on my bodily experience (this would help with sleep, I'd imagine also). I find any physical activity helps me let go of anger (if I need to rage, I get that out either running, or I find swimming laps also really helps me get my rage out in a healthy way) so I can come back to the situation with a calmer head and better perspective.

Best of luck to you!