42 year old - 100+ pounds to lose - looking for friends

Options
hey all!!
I just celebrated my 42nd birthday and realized it's time to light a fire under things - but I need a support group that understands the battle of losing large amounts of weight. If this is you - feel free to add me as a friend!

SW: 308 CW: 287

Replies

• Autumn195606
    Options
    Hi!

I am 57 years old with severe asthma (never smoked) advanced arthritis and fibromyalgia. I am a lifelong member of weight Watchers; but is not working for me anymore. I have 100 pounds to lose as I have been inactive with exercise for about four years. I had a near death situation a few months ago; that left my lungs more damaged than they already were at that time. That said I too, am looking for a "buddy" as right now I am discouraged because my ability to exercise is very very limited. I take four medications that cause weight gain. I have been following the program for about three weeks; but no weight loss. My team of doctors state they are not worried as my heart and all of my labs are normal. Anyway I am also a good cheerleader and wish you the best!! We have to take it one day at a time; sometimes one hour at a time. I encourage you to break your weight loss goals into something that sounds more manageable;say for example 20 pounds to start out. Best wishes and remember we did not gain it all at once and we will not be able to lose it all at once!:smile:
  • Wraiythe
    Wraiythe Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    We can do this! Baby steps! All we can do is the best we can every day. And if we have a set back, just get back up, dust off and keep marching on! We'll get there.
  • rojo6pak
    rojo6pak Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just joined..I'm 45 and have about 55 lbs to lose. I am also looking for friends to help me with accountablilty..Im looking forward to sharing our success stories. It's only been three days..but, everyone has to start somewhere. ~ Robin~
  • JessicaZen
    JessicaZen Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I have been here for a bit over a year but have been working on losing weight for about 4 years my highest ever was 321. you and everyone that have signed up for MFP made a great choice in joining. You will find tons of support not only with food but with life. If you are anyone here would like to add me feel free to do so I have 48 lbs left till I reach my goal weight and I am struggling since I have hypothyroidism, pcos, and also take meds that make it difficult to lose. but again we can and we will succeed together.