Tamoxifen & Weight Loss

Options
Hello All, I wondered if anyone seems to struggle with weight loss when on Tamoxifen? I've been on it for just over a year now and although Im much more active than I used to be, Im finding it SO hard to lose the lbs! I'm mostly an eater of non processed foods and dont eat dairy products.
Ive heard of so many people putting on weight with Tamoxifen, but surely you can lose aswell??! Any tips appreciated!! Thank you!

Replies

• evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    It's harder, but you can do it. I highly recommend the BodyMedia Fit (the most accurate metabolic monitor) so you can see exactly how many calories you burn a day and adjust your intake accordingly.

Also, don't try to lose too quickly. Shoot for 1/2 pound a week.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I've heard this too but surely it's not impossible. I'd maybe ask to be referred to a dietician/nutritionist for some advice.
  • bullygirl979
    bullygirl979 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I've been struggling with the same issue. I've been on tamoxifen for almost a year now. For the past month, I've been busting my *kitten* at the gym and really watching what I eat....and I'm barely losing weight. I really share your frustration.

I have an appointment with my medical oncologist tomorrow and I plan on asking her about it. I can report back what she says, if you like!
  • Njkeen16
    Njkeen16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies - and yes please bullygirl979, Id be really interested in what your oncologist says. I too seem to work my butt off, but the results are SO slow!!
    Hope the appointment goes well,
    Nicola