exercising while sick

Options
What do you do when you're sick? I've had a nasty cold for about a week and I can't breathe well enough to work out. Even walking leaves me gasping for breath. I've been doing C2 5K, but I've taken about a week off. Is it horrible to take a week off like this? Am I going to have to start over with building up my endurance?

Replies

• mschicagocubs
    mschicagocubs Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Lift some weights?
  • Junctionbox
    Junctionbox Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I felt myself starting to get a cold last year and again in February this year, but both times I powered through it with lots of cardio. I found getting hot and bothered and eating well seemed to stop it in its tracks. I got some minor symptoms but it never developed. Probably too late for you though.

Some chicken soup and lots of rest will help. Failing that, three fingers of whisky in a glass - down in one. It won't cure you but you'll stop caring ;)
  • jkwolly
    jkwolly Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    Lift some weights?
    This is what I do!
  • cahors97
    cahors97 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Failing that, three fingers of whisky in a glass - down in one. It won't cure you but you'll stop caring ;)
    [/quote]

At this point, this is what I'm going to try :)
  • Platform_Heels
    Platform_Heels Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    If you have a nasty cold then for the love of god stay home! The last thing I want is to reach for a set of weights that you just wiped your nose with.

It's not bad to take a week off. You might be a bit slower for the first few days when you get back into your program but it's not going to be that detrimental.