Need workout suggestions for my own mini-boot camp

Options
As a single mom with 2 small kids, I find it hard to do much else than the treadmill.

A few mom friends of mine have expressed an interest in getting together in my cul de sac at the butt crack of dawn to do a mini boot camp. I think this is AWESOME! Peer pressure to work out has always worked for me in the past.

But, without leaving the site line of my home, I am not quite sure what we can do...

Anyone give me some circuit training (is that the right phrase?) or other suggestions of what we can do in the confines of a tenth of a mile?

Weights? Resistance?

I'm so lost because it's been a million years since I have done anything like this.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I'd highly suggest looking at Fitnessblender.com's HIIT workouts. They vary in intensity, and you can take ideas and moves from them. Since you're outside, you could add stuff like a sprint around the cul de sac as well. Basic exercise that are good for interval type training are jumping jacks, burpees, mountain climbers, jump squats, lateral hops, planks, squats, push-ups, Russian twists, but kickers, high knees and lunges.
  • redheaded_dem
    redheaded_dem Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Good suggestion... thank you!