Perspective

Options
Josalinn
Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
I went shopping with my friend this weekend. She wanted a totally girly make over and we had a blast getting her make up and a start on a spring wardrobe. She didn't own any dresses or skirts prior to this weekend, so we fixed that.

She looked fabulous in everything she put on. I was so jealous. Every cut looked perfect, she had no pooch to contend with, and her legs looked amazing. (She tried to say she had a pooch, but I wouldn't let her). So jealous.

But not to let a shopping day go unshopped, I tried on a few outfits, and I came out of the fitting room and said as I held my fat stomach between in my hands and said, "see this is pooch, honey, so I don't want to hear it."

She looked at me and her face dropped a smidge and she said back to me, "All I see are your boobs."

And that was it. My friend is an A-cup Angel, and she wishes she had my boobs, while I wish I had her waist and flat stomach. And in that moment I was profoundly sad for both of us.

I think a lot of the time, we spend too much time wishing we were one way or another instead of embracing ourselves and making ourselves the best we can be.

We all have different body types. My friend is super slender, while I have a curvier build. No matter how many push ups she does, she will stay approximately the same in the bra department, as I can do cardio and cardio and squats until the end of time and I will never have the legs I envision. But I think we are both beautiful, and we are lucky to have boyfriends who love us and thin we are beautiful too.

We left the store with lots of lovely clothes and continued to have a fantastic girlie day out.

Replies

• 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options

We left the store with lots of lovely clothes and continued to have a fantastic girlie day out.

I love happy endings :heart:
  • kiekokay
    kiekokay Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of the time, we spend too much time wishing we were one way or another instead of embracing ourselves and making ourselves the best we can be.

This! This is what should be on these message boards, not all the nonsense that is actually posted about. I rarely read them, but randomly chose to click on yours today. Thanks for spreading positivity :flowerforyou:
  • nielsonfam
    nielsonfam Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS!!! BRAVO! :flowerforyou:
  • katew221
    katew221 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Aww this is lovely, and so true! Thanks for spreading the love :heart:
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Hellz to the yeah.
  • YoshiZelda
    YoshiZelda Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Pretty accurate. Well said.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

This! This is what should be on these message boards, not all the nonsense that is actually posted about. I rarely read them, but randomly chose to click on yours today. Thanks for spreading positivity :flowerforyou:

I'm glad that you did. I have to remind myself of this because I get down on myself hard.
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    So true! I had a similar talk with my friend just the other night...she was lamenting her flat bum, me, my huge thighs...we both said, "I love you like you are' at the same time...we started giggling and threw up our hands.