Need to pick it up a bit

BigGail
BigGail Posts: 465 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi all,

My next target is fast approaching and I'm 7lbs away. Could do with some suggestions on how to shift it!

Here's my exercise routine.

Monday - cycle to and from work
Tuesday - cycle home from work
Wednesday - Cycle home from work
Thursday - cycle to and from work
Friday - this is usually quite a lazy day, but I do the walk to and from school, shopping, usually try and get on the trampoline. Just joined a new gym that's nearer so can now go to the gym on Fridays
Saturday - same as Friday, but no gym - I have started doing a bit of weight and resistance training on a Saturday, and we do quite a bit of walking as we normally go out and about.
Sunday - clean house from top to bottom and a good intense session at the gym. We sometimes go walking on a Sunday too.

My food diary is open if anyone can offer any suggestions I'd be very grateful.

Replies

• Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Try alternating your Exercise routine? Do some dance aerobics such as zumba. Even if you only do 20 minutes a day... To change how your body burns calories.
  • BigGail
    Good idea - have just ordered a zumba DVD!
  • I agree, mix up the exercise regime, and let me know how the Zumba goes - I can't get a DVD in the UK and I really want to give it a go!:flowerforyou:
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    I checked out your diary. If the last 2 weeks are typical weeks you need to pick up your workouts. Sunday was a pretty good workout (I think the only day you burned 500+ calories)I presume but it was negated by being significantly over on Saturday. You had a couple more days in the red and most days were 200-400 calories burned. Other than the Saturday your pretty good with your numbers. If I were you I would set a minimum goal of 500 calories a day to burn doing exercise. It will give you that extra cushion for a bad day here and there and will tone your body.
  • BigGail
    great advice from all of you - thanks guys and gals. I've also bought a HRM so I can calculate the calories better.
This discussion has been closed.