30 Day Shred April 2014

Options

Replies

• caranais
    caranais Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi, my DVD and weights are due to arrive today. This couldn't have come at a better time for me. Can't wait until the 1st though, I go on holiday 5 weeks from today, so I want to do the best I can by then. Hope you don't mind but Id love to join you on the 1st. I'll post my starting measurements and see how I get on. I tried it on You tube on Sunday morning to see if I could do it, and think although it seems like a massive challenge for me I managed 18 minutes of it before collapsing in a heap on the sofa Lol. I've done a little aerobics but no strength training really so it will be hard. I'm 52, 4ft 11 and need to lose around 40 - 50lbs, but more than that I'd love to tone up. So if you don't mind, I'd love to join your group. :smile:
  • Kpkrystal
    Kpkrystal Posts: 203
    Options
    Yes yes yes count me in. I need help to stay motivated. I'm so glad you posted this. :-)
  • Jade2240
    Jade2240 Posts: 162
    Options
    I would love to join this group! I am starting on April 1st as well after many failed attempts.
    yes same here! join us i know we can all do it!!
  • Jade2240
    Options
    Hi, my DVD and weights are due to arrive today. This couldn't have come at a better time for me. Can't wait until the 1st though, I go on holiday 5 weeks from today, so I want to do the best I can by then. Hope you don't mind but Id love to join you on the 1st. I'll post my starting measurements and see how I get on. I tried it on You tube on Sunday morning to see if I could do it, and think although it seems like a massive challenge for me I managed 18 minutes of it before collapsing in a heap on the sofa Lol. I've done a little aerobics but no strength training really so it will be hard. I'm 52, 4ft 11 and need to lose around 40 - 50lbs, but more than that I'd love to tone up. So if you don't mind, I'd love to join your group. :smile:
    yes please join us! It is definitely tough! i felt like i was going to pass out the firs time i finished it! :) It seemed to get a little easier around day 5 or 6 for me anyway. Let us know how you are doing!
  • Jade2240
    Options
    I have already started it. Actually started level 2 this past Friday. However having to sit it out for a bit. Woke up Sundsy and my knee was hurting. Thought it was better Monday morning until I actually moving around. Started hurting worse. Then my son almost fell out of the grocery cart while I was putting my daughter in her carseat and I twised my knee getting to him. So now it really really hurts. I love the workout and so bummed I can't do it right now. Who knows maybe you all will be where I am by the time I can start again.
    Well if you feel ready feel free to join us! I am sorry about your knee i have heard of people having that same problem. It must be hard on the knees with all the jumping :\ When you were doing it were you doing the modified or advanced moves?
  • gkauf744
    gkauf744 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Good luck everyone starting in April! I just don't have the attention span to complete a 30 day program, but I did level 2 today, and it was fun. Like to do level 3 some time, and maybe level 2 again. Look forward to seeing your transformations!
  • dmfrank78
    dmfrank78 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I would also like to join this group! I was actually going to start it April 1st and it would be great to be a part of a group doing the same thing!
  • Jade2240
    Options
    Good luck everyone starting in April! I just don't have the attention span to complete a 30 day program, but I did level 2 today, and it was fun. Like to do level 3 some time, and maybe level 2 again. Look forward to seeing your transformations!
    [/quote
    thank you! i know im excited to start!
  • Jade2240
    Options
    I would also like to join this group! I was actually going to start it April 1st and it would be great to be a part of a group doing the same thing!
    awesome! yes please join us!
  • catiapirescp
    Options
    30 day shred!! YES PLEASE!

those of you who will be doing this challenge, please add me!! (I haven't used MFP on a PC so have no idea how to use it properly, how do I add the group??)

1st April sounds like a good start!

Cant wait!
  • Jade2240
    Options
    30 day shred!! YES PLEASE!

those of you who will be doing this challenge, please add me!! (I haven't used MFP on a PC so have no idea how to use it properly, how do I add the group??)

1st April sounds like a good start!

Cant wait!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/20501-30-day-shred-support-group-april-2014

Here is the link just click join group! I will be adding updates and I am also going to be adding my starting stats and measurements on march 31st, feel free if you want to add yours to to check your progress!!
  • Conquer14
    Conquer14 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I have already started it. Actually started level 2 this past Friday. However having to sit it out for a bit. Woke up Sundsy and my knee was hurting. Thought it was better Monday morning until I actually moving around. Started hurting worse. Then my son almost fell out of the grocery cart while I was putting my daughter in her carseat and I twised my knee getting to him. So now it really really hurts. I love the workout and so bummed I can't do it right now. Who knows maybe you all will be where I am by the time I can start again.
    Well if you feel ready feel free to join us! I am sorry about your knee i have heard of people having that same problem. It must be hard on the knees with all the jumping :\ When you were doing it were you doing the modified or advanced moves?

On level one I did the modified moves. On level 2 I started doing the advanved. There are a lot of moves on level 2 that are modified. I don't know if it's from 30ds or the elliptical.
  • Jade2240
    Options

On level one I did the modified moves. On level 2 I started doing the advanved. There are a lot of moves on level 2 that are modified. I don't know if it's from 30ds or the elliptical.
    Aw, well I hope it gets to feeling better! Thats no fun, especially with kiddos :\
  • morgo20
    morgo20 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I am soo into doing this! I want to say that I stayed healthy and worked out for an entire 30 days.. and if you really think about it, what is 20-30 minutes of your day everyday that we usully spend on the couch, we will wake up feeling fantaSTIC every morning :)
  • Jade2240
    Options
    I am soo into doing this! I want to say that I stayed healthy and worked out for an entire 30 days.. and if you really think about it, what is 20-30 minutes of your day everyday that we usully spend on the couch, we will wake up feeling fantaSTIC every morning :)
    This is exactly how i feel! They say a 30 minute workout is only 2% of your day! We can all do it! And it really does start making you feel better, your energy really improves after a few days!
  • syoung938
    Options
    I'll join in too! I've never really tried to stick it out and never managed to reach level 2! I'd really be up for support from others to help me keep at it! Need to tone up before my summer holidays! :) xx
  • Jade2240
    Options
    I'll join in too! I've never really tried to stick it out and never managed to reach level 2! I'd really be up for support from others to help me keep at it! Need to tone up before my summer holidays! :) xx
    yay that's awesome please join us! we will all be in it together and we will all be here to support each other!
  • jeanniebeanie59
    jeanniebeanie59 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Oh I hope I can do it, I started last year and only got thru the first few days, but I am feeling a bit down after loosing 8 lbs then going on vacation and gaining most back. I am 60 and 5'1 have about 10-15 lbs to loose, so will join the group.
    Let do this. 20-30min is not bad...just hard when ya feel like ya dnt think ya can do it, but will start with the low impact moves she shows and just do my best , will take measurements also this time.
    thanks everyone for the motivation...getting old sucks!! But staying healthy is super and making old feel marvelous! Looking better in my skinny jeans cant hurt either!!
  • Jade2240
    Options
    Oh I hope I can do it, I started last year and only got thru the first few days, but I am feeling a bit down after loosing 8 lbs then going on vacation and gaining most back. I am 60 and 5'1 have about 10-15 lbs to loose, so will join the group.
    Let do this. 20-30min is not bad...just hard when ya feel like ya dnt think ya can do it, but will start with the low impact moves she shows and just do my best , will take measurements also this time.
    thanks everyone for the motivation...getting old sucks!! But staying healthy is super and making old feel marvelous! Looking better in my skinny jeans cant hurt either!!
    You can totally do it, and you look so great! I hope i can look as good as you at 60! We will all be here to encourage each other!!
  • missheatherby
    Options
    I think I want to join too!!! I will see if I can get my hands on the video at walmart!!!! this is great I have been looking for something shorter to get into in the morning before I get my kids up and I am not a morning person so I do not foresee me doing Zumba or any of the other 50-70 min videos I have purchased. My time is very limited between my work hours and commute but I have been run/walking after work at boys baseball games and practices for about 30min I know i need strengthening too and more time to get these pounds off!!! So how do we join this will be the first time I've reached out to other members on this site?