How to jumpstart weightloss?

Options
2»

Replies

• _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options

This is awesome!! Thank you! What do you recommend for the most accurate calorie number? Scooby? I always have trouble figuring out my activity level. I walk 20 mins about 3x a week and am on my feet a lot of the day.

Follow Trog's advice. He's lost 153 lbs.

Now one thing, you don't have a lot to lose, set your goal to .5 or 1 lb a week, and those are probably better more realistic goals than the 2 lbs a week.

:) You got this.
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    This is awesome!! Thank you! What do you recommend for the most accurate calorie number? Scooby? I always have trouble figuring out my activity level. I walk 20 mins about 3x a week and am on my feet a lot of the day.
    Use any TDEE calculator that uses body fat percentage. If you plan to include weight training - which you should to preserve lean mass - and exercise 3-5 days, you'd be moderately active. Enter your weight, estimated body fat percentage, 0.75 lb weight loss per week and moderately active. Eat the number of calories it gives. It's strongly advised you use a digital food scale to weigh all food and be honest with logging everything. Once you have about 14 lbs to go switch to 0.5 lbs and recalculate.

I use this calculator

http://www.weightrainer.net/losscalc.html

I calculated 1730 calories if I assume you are approximately 27% bodyfat at 0.75 lbs per week loss. The site also provides a macro breakdown for protein, carbs and fats.